Snoopy
Snoopy asked in Cars & TransportationAircraft · 1 month ago

Are the current boeing planes safe?

The ones in Europe are 747 mainly I think.

I was told they are pretty good but during the last flight we had to change plane once. 

One had up to 30 seats and was better we were told the other one had 31 seats. I do not know if they were the same batch. 

But I prefer to have it changed prior to a flight. I don't mind a 10 minute delay but more safety so I have no complaints. 

I read now some of the 737 max were faulty. 

I knew the very old ones had some faulty ones I.e. in the 60s-70s but they were still a bit better than Russian planes that would crash all the times. Particularly in Ecuador. 

That was 10 years ago. Now aerospace engineers have certainly improved designed. 

Maybe NASA could design some planes since they design shuttles that are harder to design.

Design* autocorrect again 

Favorite Answer

737's have been very reliable.

Ultimately the plane is only as safe as its pilots.

In the case of the 737 max accidents both crashes could have been prevented if the pilots had followed the Runaway Trim Checklist. a checklist that ALL 737 pilots (regardless of type) are required to know by memory (because it is so important). The checklist includes turning off the autopilot (a switch located in-between the pilot and first officer) which would have turned off the MCAS system the pilots were fighting. Instead of following their training or even thinking to turn off the system they were fighting, both crews fought in vain to their deaths.

I'm not saying the 737 max doesn't have faults, but that a good well trained pilot in a bad plane is better than a bad or poorly trained pilot in a good plane.

• Marvin

The original 737 had a proven safety record.  The 747, and 777 are very safe.  The 777 hapeens to be my favorite.

Overall, Boeing has a better safety record than Airbus.

Yes they are safe

BOEING's hiring practices are based on having a diverse workplace over hiring based on engineering expertise.

You tell me how safe you think their product is.

Most airlines are replacing the 747 with more modern and cheaper aircraft.

• Victor

As far as we know only the MAX was a complete disaster, and that one is grounded. The other Boeing planes are perfect. Honestly I would rather fly in a old well preserved 737-200 than the MAX.

The 747 aircraft is not a common plane these days.

Most flights will be on mid sized Boeings and Airbus aircraft, such as the 737/757, and A320 family.

The 737 Max is an utter piece of sh*t. Other than that, Boeing aircraft are safe.

And grammar, try it for once.