on sound from speakers but sound from plug-in head set 1995 goldwing GL?

I rode for 20 years and the engine was all the music I needed. How the devil do you enjoy a radio on a motorcycle with the engine noise, wind noise and muffled by the helmet? I'd rather have no radio than to listen to a bad sounding one. Get you some new speakers.

"No sound from speakers" ?

But, headphone Ok-?

Did they Ever work? Or did you buy her with the speakers not working? Or did you have recent  spill?  A cracked faring will lead you to the problem. 

Better  than  a meter in this case, use  a continuity tester  that takes 2 AA's. It will make a "click" I or  "pop" in  speakers  if they are OK.  A  DVM will just read  4-10 Ohms or so, voice coil can Ohm out  OK, but still be bad speaker. 

Old speakers just go. I have a 40 year old car and a 36 year old. Both had no sound from speakers. Radios, wiring, connectors ok. The voice coils in all opened, their cones had disintegrated. 

I got some aftermarkets dual cones from  EBay,  sound great. I also sprayed cones with Krylon Anti-UV spray , inside and out. Helps preserve them.  Your GW's speakers are exposed to the weather, I strongly recommend the Krylon. 

• adam

do you have a meter? Just check the continuity of the speaker wires from the deck to the speakers. 1995? Might wanna upgrade to a modern stereo now. 

• ?

HUH? WTF are you blathering about? Come back when you can actually post a QUESTION in the English language.

Speakers can wear out (cones can sag / tear / overextend) or "blow" (the speaker coils can fry open) and need to be replaced. Basic troubleshooting: disconnect and ohm across each speaker's coil. If it's open, it's fried. It is possible to rebuild some speakers with new cones and coils, butcha gotta be motivated to watch the youtube vids on how to do it and find replacement cones and coils. Not sure how the 'wing's speakers are waterproofed, either. Sumpin' else to check.

• noname1 month agoReport

Best 2 get a continuity testier, go the jack, listen for "click". Even  reading , say, 4-10 Ohms doesn't mean  speaker ok. Could be dead tarantulas  in  them jamming the cones. 

Check speaker wires.

• Anon
      1 month agoReport

More likely.speakers themselves. If audio gets to the headphone jack, good chance it gets to speakers, too, unless  some accident damaged the faring.