Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesLos Angeles · 1 month ago

Has anyone else visited California recently and bee shocked at how bad it is?

I just recently visited San Francisco and I was under the impression that it was a beautiful city. Not. At. All. It’s gross. Traffic is bad, crawling with homeless, and I  literally saw human poop on the sidewalks. I was really let down so we cancelled our remaining nights at our hotel and went to Los Angeles hoping for better. Again... oh. My god. Crawling with homeless, traffic was even worse. The air was thick, difficult to breathe. Trash everywhere. The whole trip cost $3400 and we didn’t really do anything because everything seemed so gross, ghetto, and hectic. I’m extremely let down. I have always wanted to visit California and now that I have, I never want to go back. What an awful, disgusting place. 

You want us to believe you were recently here?

I don't... our air is not "thick" and it's not "difficult to breathe"

And if you can't find beautiful places in LA & SF, you didn't open your eyes. 

• Foofa

Haven't visited recently but I live here and yeah, things are getting pretty bad.

• John

California is as multi-faceted as the planet Earth.  No way can you visit any part of it and claim you know "California". 

• Creature1 month agoReport

I didn’t claim I “know” California. I said the cities and things I saw were horrible. Why are you so triggered lol

Actually, that's a sign of how good it is. The homeless choose to live there, because the job market is so good that it's better to be homeless there than to have a home somewhere else. The traffic and trash are also because of a high population that is there because there are so many jobs.

If you want to see somewhere that has more homes than residents, try Detroit, because many of its residents left, due to lack of jobs.

• Creature1 month agoReport

Next time before you post something, try saying it out loud. You might realize how ridiculous you sounds.lol

Troll! I live in San Francisco and most of the city isn’t like what you described.

• Foofa
      1 month agoReport

Visited San Fran from L.A. not long ago and watched a homeless person throw a teenage Japanese tourist into traffic. Yes, the parts of the city where tourists go ARE really that bad. 

Welcome to the US big cities.

• A.J.

Looked into it. SF probably has 50,000 homeless and LA 100,000. Cost of housing is high. Downtown areas affected worst.

• Eastside Guz
      1 month agoReport

I used to work near Santa Monica too and saw a lot of homeless there too, including Venice beach. Also I have been recently to San Francisco in May & September and seen homeless there too.