packing clothes?

do you use pack with a carry on only or check in bag as well?

FOR LONG TRIPS 

ewewewewewewewewewewewewewewewewewewewewewewew

Checking in for long trips is a necessity.

depends on the length of the trip and what will be available to you at the end of the trip, if you put everything in a checked bag so you can get on the plane with less hassle and for some reason your bag is lost then you might have to buy stuff until the bag is tracked down or declared lost for good its always a good idea to have a combination of a checked bag and a small carry on with a few items you can survive on if the checked bag is lost 

• james

Both. On return to the U.S.  cary on & my briefcase. As I have a small house there with all I need.  On return to Asia a bag. Maxed out. As there are some things I buy in America that can not be found in Asia. I also have a home there with all I need. It is just I return with American only things to there. 

• oh nice wish i could able travel out the country but every summer i go for a month just to New Jersey of August from Arizona i bring two carry on and one backpack i feel like sometime i over pack but we bring one to bring back some good food and some souvenirs

• MS

It depends on the length of my trip and what I'll need when I'm away.  For weekends or even long weekends, I can usually fit what I need into a carry-on bag.  If I'll be gone for a week or more then I usually check a bag and also bring my carry-on.  But there have been times when I've been mixing a conference trip with a vacation, so even though it's relatively short I had to pack extra and took a checked bag.  There is no "right" answer to this - it just depends on the circumstances of your travel.

I only have check in bag pack very light.

• even for a month? i go Jersey shore for a month from Arizona i always feel like i need more clothes lol 

Edit:  I have visited western Europe for weeks at a time using only carry on luggage.  However, I didn't need dress or business clothing and didn't do any sports that required specialized clothing. 

It depends on where I am going, what I plan to do, and for how long. For example, if I am going to a developed place where I don't need specialized clothing and only have to cope with one climate then I can usually get away with only carry on bags.  Otherwise, I need a checked bag in addition to carry on bags. 

• Yes they be check bags, every summer i go down jersey shore from Arizona for a month of August i always seem to over pack, this year i want pack less if we go so that i can bring more Souvenir back or food 

I always have a bag to check.