Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 month ago

Remind me again why we need to legalize pot in the USA?

I am 55. I used to ride the #1 train up to 242nd in the Bronx with a pound of weed in paper grocery bags that said "Just Say No". I had an NYPD connection on the Upper West Side who d sell me a pound of weed about once a month. My three co-purchasers would wait outside, we d split it up 4 oz each for $150 each. The apartment I flopped in is still there, 6141 Broadway. When I was 19-20 I smoked plenty of weed.Everyone including myself was quite the under achiever.

I worked for $4 per hour in Manhattan waxing and buffing floors at night. At age 20, after doing this for about 2 years, I had enough. I achieved a higher level of success than any pot head I know today.

Today I own a company that waxes and buffs floors. I have typically 10 regular employees and 10-12 part time/seasonal workers as well. Most of the heads can t make it through the 90 day probation. The bar is set so much lower today than when I was 20. I couldn t take being a loser. By age 20, I started to claw to where I am today, solid middle to upper middle class NYC inner suburban life.

It brings every one of them to a state of being a loser. OK, you are young and dumb. Then sometime, maybe 20-21 something needs to click. You need to make something of yourself. Not today. I go through so many 25-40 year old losers. That s all they know. That s all they want.

Can t hold a job. On all kinds of public assistance. I never took a dime of that crap.

Don't we already have enough no-low motivation losers in America now? Why do we need more? For the record, I am a life long Democrat. By 21 I had a Union Job. I would actually like if these people unionized, it would make it easier to hire people who work and fire those who don't.

Favorite Answer

I have a nephew who only became successful after quitting pot too.

prohibition doesn't work.  You just said you could buy it anyway.

I don't smoke but I know that the guy that owns the company I work for does. 

You know if dat guy still sellz weed? Seems like a good price. I smoke a zee a week myself. 

I have mixed feelings about it. On one hand, I do agree with you, because in my early 20's all I did was smoke pot all day everyday, still did my job though. I quit marijuana at some point, started drinking alcohol on a fairly regular basis, which I only blame myself for, but then I attempted to quit cigarettes. When my cravings went to the point of driving me insane, I found a little bit of weed I'd stashed from before, took a couple hits and it calmed me down, my drinking had cut back as well. I started smoking weed again, but not all day/everyday. I mainly used it as medicine for stress and anxiety. Also, I always made sure it was a sativa strain, not indica. Indica is the sh*t that melts you to the couch, where sativa allowed me to be motivated and pro-active still. Hell, I would smoke a bit of sativa and go lift weights, I loved it.

At the end of the day, you have to have goals and not be controlled, unfortunately not everyone is able to do both.

Because instead of spending a bunch of taxpayer money criminalizing it, the taxpayers are better served making a bunch of money taxing the bejeezus out of it.   

This seems less about pot and more about you bragging.

• Sherry

Because the majority of the people want it and the state isn't our fking daddy.

It has medicinal value.

The people voted for it.

We don't have to pot when smoked has carcinogens in it which can cause lung cancer.