Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 month ago

Remind me again why we need to legalize pot in the USA?

I am 55. I used to ride the #1 train up to 242nd in the Bronx with a pound of weed in paper grocery bags that said "Just Say No". I had an NYPD connection on the Upper West Side who d sell me a pound of weed about once a month. My three co-purchasers would wait outside, we d split it up 4 oz each for $150 each. The apartment I flopped in is still there, 6141 Broadway. When I was 19-20 I smoked plenty of weed.Everyone including myself was quite the under achiever.

I worked for $4 per hour in Manhattan waxing and buffing floors at night. At age 20, after doing this for about 2 years, I had enough. I achieved a higher level of success than any pot head I know today.

Today I own a company that waxes and buffs floors. I have typically 10 regular employees and 10-12 part time/seasonal workers as well. Most of the heads can t make it through the 90 day probation. The bar is set so much lower today than when I was 20. I couldn t take being a loser. By age 20, I started to claw to where I am today, solid middle to upper middle class NYC inner suburban life.

It brings every one of them to a state of being a loser. OK, you are young and dumb. Then sometime, maybe 20-21 something needs to click. You need to make something of yourself. Not today. I go through so many 25-40 year old losers. That s all they know. That s all they want.

Can t hold a job. On all kinds of public assistance. I never took a dime of that crap.

Update:

Don't we already have enough no-low motivation losers in America now? Why do we need more? For the record, I am a life long Democrat. By 21 I had a Union Job. I would actually like if these people unionized, it would make it easier to hire people who work and fire those who don't.

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

I have a nephew who only became successful after quitting pot too.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

prohibition doesn't work.  You just said you could buy it anyway.

I don't smoke but I know that the guy that owns the company I work for does. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

You know if dat guy still sellz weed? Seems like a good price. I smoke a zee a week myself. 

• 1 month ago

I have mixed feelings about it. On one hand, I do agree with you, because in my early 20's all I did was smoke pot all day everyday, still did my job though. I quit marijuana at some point, started drinking alcohol on a fairly regular basis, which I only blame myself for, but then I attempted to quit cigarettes. When my cravings went to the point of driving me insane, I found a little bit of weed I'd stashed from before, took a couple hits and it calmed me down, my drinking had cut back as well. I started smoking weed again, but not all day/everyday. I mainly used it as medicine for stress and anxiety. Also, I always made sure it was a sativa strain, not indica. Indica is the sh*t that melts you to the couch, where sativa allowed me to be motivated and pro-active still. Hell, I would smoke a bit of sativa and go lift weights, I loved it.

At the end of the day, you have to have goals and not be controlled, unfortunately not everyone is able to do both.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Because instead of spending a bunch of taxpayer money criminalizing it, the taxpayers are better served making a bunch of money taxing the bejeezus out of it.   

• 1 month ago

This seems less about pot and more about you bragging.

• Sherry
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Because the majority of the people want it and the state isn't our fking daddy.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It has medicinal value.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

The people voted for it.

• 1 month ago

We don't have to pot when smoked has carcinogens in it which can cause lung cancer.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.