Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 5 months ago

Should a male be referred to as “she” if that’s what he prefers?

And vice versa

• Favorite Answer

I flat out refuse to knowingly lie. Decent people shouldn't insist that I lie. You are male, or female. The decision was made before you were born. Live with it. If you dress in woman's clothes and have a baritone voice and a beard,l am calling you "he" or "sir" Furthermore, a dress doesn't allow you to terrorize innocent women and young girls in the woman's bathroom.

• Andrea4 months agoReport

Reminds me of Tiffany Michelle Moore, a transgender who threw a tantrum in GameStop because an employee called him “sir”.

Yeah, definitely. If it's what that person prefers, why be a jerk and not respect their wishes?

I know in the lesbian community, butches sometimes prefer he/him or they/them pronouns bc they don't feel as connected to feminity/womanhood. I know there's a lot of gay men who prefer she/her, but I'm not as verse as to why.

The problem isn't people preferring pronouns that go against the status quo, the problem is closed-minded people who don't respect people's wishes.

Source(s): I'm a lesbian
    • Anonymous4 months agoReport

I'd call them what they prefer out of courtesy (unless it's a made-up pronoun like xir). But calling them a 'she' out of courtesy doesn't mean I believe that they have actually become a woman. That's impossible. I'd give the person respect on a personal level, though I reject transgender ideology. 

He not a she that’s stupid.

born male, die male, born female, die female, change gender the above still applies. and emma can join those that choose gender fluid over Gods love

• bailey5 months agoReport

Last time I checked you don’t get to determine who loves who. Just because you have chosen to hate them doesn’t mean God would. Besides, everyone knows you should never have to change who you are at heart to win someone’s “love”

• Duck

Sure.  However, the male who wishes to be referred to as 'she' should expect some errors in pronoun reference, both when first meeting someone and at other random times (because humans aren't infallible), and not have a meltdown over it.

I would say 100% yes, especially in our modern society it's become somewhat socially accepted to have preferences, however looking through the answers to this question some people argue that it can be confusing or 'incorrect' but if a so called transgender male wishes to be referred to as a 'she' when they physically haven't made feminine alterations it can be confusing but the individual is aware, they know they have a male anatomy and they know that they may not look 'female' and that's a choice made on their part not to have surgeries done. I also think it's okay to call them a 'he' if they haven't told you their preferences but you should always respect someone's identity no matter what your beliefs are.

• Tiffany4 months agoReport

These people literally feel like they were born in the wrong body and that would make anyone depressed and unhappy. You lack any empathy towards orders. It’s not so different as those who are closeted gay and feel depressed and suicide about lying about who they are as a person. 

Imagine arriving at a hospital having abdominal pain, you’re a guy but call yourself a woman. Well there is a lot of test that women specifically get for abdominal pain. Test that you would not need as a male and now you’re paying for it. And if it is a life threat it is only delaying treatment 

• e9601:

A male will always be a male. All the make-up and fake boobs in the world will never make him a "she".

• Tiffany5 months agoReport

People like you need to go back to college, take a basic human sexuality class, and learn the difference between sex and gender

• Bill

No, facts matter. 

What if you humor the nonsense and others actually believe that the individual is biologically a female? Well now you just pushed a false narrative that mislead someone all because of bogus pronoun use. 

• Bill

@Pizza Delivery Pascal: Some of them pass, so people using the wrong pronouns to refer to them can assist in the false narrative that the transgender is trying to push.

• keerok

Etiquette dictates you refer to a person to how he or she prefers to, so yes although when in doubt, like when not clear, obvious or dictated to, speaking in a biological sense shouldn't count against you and damned those who make it a political issue.

• Edna, where does it specify any of what you have against pronouns in this question? This fellow who wants to be called a she could be extremely feminine, and even if she isnt I see no good reason not to call her by her prefered pronouns.