Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingAdoption · 1 month ago

16 year old girl has a baby doesn’t know what to do parents refuse to let her come home unless she give the bay up for adoption ?

As a social worker what kind of treatment plan would you do for her 

3 Answers

  • kitta
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

    Depending on the laws and policies of the state, the minor parent and child can be placed together in a legal guardianship in a kinship care home with a relative or other court-approved home. A foster care home is also another possible placement for both the minor mother and child.

    I have assisted in helping with cases like this where i live, but cannot advise as to what might happen or what is legally permissible  in any and all states/provinces.

    • Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

    They put their daughter out of the home?  That is illegal.

    I'd start by letting them know that refusing to care for their minor child is a crime.

    • Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

    Well first a social worker would know the patents can't do that

    • Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.