promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

I really want to adopt a child from Japan ?

I made my choose to adopt a child from Japan and do I get to choose the gender of the child and how long would it take to bring her home I either want a baby or a toddler 

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago

Adoption is almost unheard of in Japan for many reasons including not wanting to separate children from their family heritage.

You will find it next to impossible to adopt a child from Japan.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • LizB
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

You're going to have a very hard time adopting an infant from any foreign country, most of the time you're going to get older babies (12+ months) or toddlers. You're also more likely to wait longer for a girl, since there is a strong preference for girls with both domestic and international adoption.

These would be good questions to ask of your adoption agency you're working with, though, since I presume you've gone to the trouble of finding an agency and interviewing with them and aren't just pulling fantasies out of the blue. With Japan's relatively low birth rate, I'm sure you're already very well aware that there are not many Japanese children available for foreigners to adopt. I'm sure you're also well aware that you'll likely be required to live in Japan during the entire adoption process, which can take anywhere from 6-18 months, and that Japanese nationals and those with Japanese heritage will be prioritized above other applicants.

• 3 months ago

what part of japan ?

• Jill
    Lv 7
    3 months ago
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    3 months ago

Why in the bloody hell would u want a Jap child. Don’t u know those ppl surrendered to us in WW2?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.