I really want to adopt a child from Japan ?

I made my choose to adopt a child from Japan and do I get to choose the gender of the child and how long would it take to bring her home I either want a baby or a toddler 

Adoption is almost unheard of in Japan for many reasons including not wanting to separate children from their family heritage.

You will find it next to impossible to adopt a child from Japan.

• LizB

You're going to have a very hard time adopting an infant from any foreign country, most of the time you're going to get older babies (12+ months) or toddlers. You're also more likely to wait longer for a girl, since there is a strong preference for girls with both domestic and international adoption.

These would be good questions to ask of your adoption agency you're working with, though, since I presume you've gone to the trouble of finding an agency and interviewing with them and aren't just pulling fantasies out of the blue. With Japan's relatively low birth rate, I'm sure you're already very well aware that there are not many Japanese children available for foreigners to adopt. I'm sure you're also well aware that you'll likely be required to live in Japan during the entire adoption process, which can take anywhere from 6-18 months, and that Japanese nationals and those with Japanese heritage will be prioritized above other applicants.

what part of japan ?

• Jill

Why in the bloody hell would u want a Jap child. Don’t u know those ppl surrendered to us in WW2?