I want to be adopted but i am 23 can i still be?

my "family" is toxic and a danger to my mental and emotional stability. I have read that adult adoption is a thing and was wondering if there was like a website or something that has adults looking to be adopted by other adults. I'm 23 and i just want to start over with better parents people who i can genuinely feel happy calling mom or dad with better siblings who will treat me better and i won't have to feel like i'm a constant failure and waste of air. I know this is weird but can someone help me out with this.

We adopted our oldest daughter as an adult, after she became part of our family as a teenager. 

Most adults who are adopted have a previously existing relationship with the person or family who adopts them - the most common situations are foster parents adopting a foster child or a step parent adopting a step child. 

I'm sorry for your family situation, and that the people entrusted with caring for you failed. : (

Source(s): Adoptee and Adoptive Mom.

This is really sad, and I’m sorry. :( Unfortunately, you can’t be adopted as an adult. 

• Ocimom

You are an adult.  You can easily be on your own and have a job, apartment, etc.  Get mental health treatment if you need it.  You don't need a new mother and father and siblings.

• Perickles1 week agoReport

it is not easy anymore. Nowadays it is common for people live with their parents after their 30, rent is very expensive and minimum wage is insufficient.

marriage would be a better option

Most "adults" who want a different family will often end up having a closer connection to the family of the person that they marry.

You are too old to be "adopted".

But you are not too old to find the love of  your life - get married - and have a second chance at a "family" by becoming part of your spouse's family through marriage.  

• Jill

If your family is toxic then just don't be around them anymore. At 23 you should be a grown up and be out on your own anyway. 

At 23 it's called having Sugar Daddy or Sugar Momma  not adoption 😉.

You're right.  It's weird.  No adult is willing to adopt another adult who has serous mental health issues.

So move away from your family and cut all contact.  Get a restraining order.

• Rick B

Where did you hear that?????? No, you can't be adopted as an adult. You are an adult; you don't need parents.