Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 3 months ago

What caused my daughter to get fat?

She was 90 pounds last year in the 5th grade but now she weighs 150 in the 6th grade. She every day after school eats 2 handfuls of Doritos, some Cheetos, and some popcorn. She also drinks 3 sodas a day and refuses to join a sport. There are kids that eat Doritos and then go run outside afterward. She also eats Lunchables on most days or she will eat frozen pizza. She threw a tantrum when I suggested that she tries a grilled chicken sandwich at Chick-fil-a. She also cursed out her 24-year-old aunt because my sister fixed chicken teriyaki and server it with brown rice instead of white rice and gave her broccoli too. My sister suggests that I get rid of the junk food but sometimes we like a movie night as a family. My sister just earned her degree in nutrition and works as a fitness trainer but she is bossy and also suggested that I introduce healthy meals to her and her 10-year-old brother. Should I let go of my anger towards my sister who is 10 years younger and actually listen to her or just hide the junk food from my daughter?

• Eva
    Favorite Answer

Get rid of the soda and snack foods. Only have them when you're planning a movie night and buy them that day. Have healthy snacks available for her after school and encourage her to do something active with the family, especially on weekends. She'd going to be miserable if this continues. Listen to your sister on this point.

• k w

her diet of course...that junk food she's eating, you better read this then make sure she reads the whole thing

Wow she weighs more than I do and she's only in 6th grade..that's not good. How tall is she? Stop giving her junk food it's that simple. A 6th grader should not weigh 150 pounds unless thy are 5'9 or taller. 

• mokrie

Listen to your sister. Stop buying the junk and get air pop type popcorn for movie night. No salt and no butter. Your daughters health comes before a stupid movie. And if you don't also take part in eating right then she won't want to do it. So you need to lead the way. YES she will throw a fit for a while but when she's really hungry enough then the healthy food will suddenly taste good.

I think she's just fat because you're black and stoopid

i think you should listen to your sister. maybe instead of hiding the junk food, only by it the day you have a movie night, and only enough for that occasion.

Maybe you should contact dr. phil if she is honestly nasty about it.