kevin asked in PetsHorses · 1 month ago

Have you ever ride a HORSE before? Is it easy or hard?

• Snezzy
    Favorite Answer

Without getting into the correct past participle of ride (which is "ridden") we can say that horses and people differ in their abilities to understand or tolerate riding. It's much like dancing. Some people are natural riders, and ride as if born in the saddle. Others (riders or dancers) are all full of clumsy errors and seem never to learn. As a friend told me after his initial and only attempt at dancing, "I feel as if I came in at Lesson One and missed Lesson Zero."

Similarly, some horses naturally take to riding and thoroughly enjoy it. Others, for one reason or another, never really understand what it's all about. 

If you are thinking about riding, it is a good idea to take lessons.

It's easy, you can just get on and have someone tell you a few commands. That is if the horse is broken in, if not it will stand on it's back legs with you on it and charge about kicking doors down. Lulz...

• Amber

Depends on whether you take to it or not. What horse you learn on. How often you get to ride and what you want to learn. 

It depends what type of riding you do. If you're going on a trail ride, no it's not hard. But if you're thinking about taking lessons and competing in the sport, yes equestrian takes skill and practice. It also depends on the temperament/skill of the horse as well. 

Yes I have........sort of. Both times I tried riding a horse. It threw me and I broke my left wrist. Yes, broke it twice after getting thrown twice. NO MORE HORSES FOR ME !

Is it hard to play chopsticks on the piano?   No.

Is it hard to perform Rachmaninoff's 2nd Piano Concerto?   Yes.

Same logic applies with horses.

It's easy to ride a "dead broke", safe horse. 

It takes years, decades, a lifetime to become a skilled rider/horseman/horsewoman. 

• Snezzy
      1 month agoReport

Best "dead broke" horse for a beginner is known as a "schoolmaster" and teaches the new rider how to ride. A schoolmaster will ignore incorrect cues, while an unbroke (uneducated) horse will provide impromptu aviation when least expected, in response to the rider's ignorant actions.