Can't get a job?

I have applied to over thirty jobs and no matter what I do, I almost never receive any feedback from the employer of the companies and when I do, it's because they are rejecting me or telling me the position is unavailable, and I am not sure what to do anymore.

I currently only have my high school diploma and I have applied to ALL kinds of jobs that at least accept a high school diploma.

I have applied to retail jobs, bank jobs, data entry jobs, receptionist jobs, clerical jobs, childcare jobs , and several others.

I realize and acknowledge all of those factors, but it's too difficult for me to get more experience because I do not have a lot of experience in the first place, and no one will hire because of that!.

How am I supposed to gain more education when I cannot afford to even go to school currently?!.

I have spoken to employers and they never end up hiring me for some reason.

@babyboomer1001, What exactly do you mean?. I have nearly tried everything I can.

Favorite Answer

Hello friend.  Sorry for your predicament.

There are a lot of people in your exact situation trying to find ways to distinguish themselves from the crowd.  Unfortunately, there is no “easy” fix, but here are a few things you can try:

First, the only way to get experience is by getting a job.  A fast way to get a job is through a temporary agency.  They are always looking for unskilled labor: warehouse, retail, call center, care givers, security guards, etc.  It isn’t “easy” work and it doesn’t pay well, but you will quickly get something to put on your Resume.

Second, make the most of all the free job sites!  It is a good idea to get your Resume professionally done if you are going to post it online.  But, if you don’t have the money, at the very least you should model your Resume after some of the online templates — specifically, you should look for templates designed around little to no work experience.  Play up any volunteer or community work you’ve done that supports whatever job you seek.

Third, STAY POSITIVE!  Staying determined and in good spirits is probably the most difficult thing about searching for a job, but it is also the most important.  You MUST believe that there is a great job out there for you where you can excel and be happy.  Employers can see the positivity in your Resume and cover letter as well as hear it in your voice during a phone interview.  Plus, there are a lot of predators out there looking to exploit people who have succumb to desperation.  If you get a call from an employer asking for your social security number or birth date over the phone it’s fraudulent.

Good luck!

Seems like your field of work is saturated. Can you do something else?

• Snezzy

What are you doing to apply? Are you merely sending emails or filling out online forms? Or are you actually talking to the managers who are doing the hiring?

You apparently have no more education, skills, or experience than the other thousands of other people applying for these same jobs. What do you have to offer that the other applicants don't have? Do you realize that there are thousands of other minimally qualified people who are looking for the same jobs? Unless you add more education, training, and experience, you'll continue to struggle.  

you could try creating your own job by starting your own business, they have grants for that

What kind of jobs are you applying for and what are your qualifications?