I accidentally broke my instrument how do i tell my band teacher?

I was practicing my oboe and I was going to put cork grease on the cork part of my reed and I gently put the oboe on my bed and a piece broke. I almost started crying I was hyperventilating and already thinking of what to do then I said Maybe if I cry hard enough he won’t yell at me I was so scared. I fixed the piece but my D and Eb sound the same and I don’t know how to fix it. Im scared my band teacher is going to yell at me and i’m very sensitive to being yelled at. Please someone respond ASAP.

If this is a school--owned instrument, then they have a budget for repairs.  If YOU own this instrument, then you pay for the repair.  If you RENT the instrument from a music business, then small repairs are covered in your rental policy.

This is no big deal; it happens all the time and the instruments are insured.

the same way you told us

You explain what happened and offer to to pay to repair it.