Annie asked in SportsFootball (American) · 2 months ago

Tom Brady's Patriots lost their playoffs game to the Houston Texans, could there be a more shocking turn of events?

Even though Tom Brady will go down as the most decorated quarterback of all time, how does what most view as the NFL's most elite football team lose to one of the NFL's historically loss ridden teams.

• Kagome
    Favorite Answer

I mean if he's had success for a really long time he could be getting old.

Bradys legacy is cemented in NFL history.Doesn't matter who he loses to.The Texans were a good team when the Patriots played them.The Patriots were no longer the best team around

The Patriots weren't that good this year. They had no credible outside receiving threats and weak TEs. Also the offensive line wasn't as good due to key injuies.

• y

As  Pats fan, I was not shocked at all, I expected them to lose last year in the playoffs. Same offensive issues this year as last, Gronk was a shell of himself last year, a step slower and couldn't get separation. No one else beside edelman cold really do anything either. Same issue this year without a gronk, who could at least still block out when covered last year. Nope, anyone that was watching them new their O was stuck in first gear. But after 20 years or so, as a fan, unlike many others, I feel blessed to have been able to see, to live through this point in Pats history.

Time out. You already made a mistake -- the New England Patriots lost to the Tennessee Titans, not the Houston Texans. 🤦🤦😂😂

To answer your other question in chief, this is not shocking at all. Titans are younger, got a better defense, and got a bruiser for a running back in Derrick Henry, plus Mike Vrabel is a former Patriot -- he knows some of if not many or most of Bill Belichick's strategies. Once the Patriots blew the #2 seed and the bye by losing to the Miami Dolphins, I knew they were 1 and out.

They lost to the Titans. It is not shocking. Pats lost to the Dolphins the week before. The Titans are a better team than the Dolphins.

Considering they already lost to the Titans, and the Houston Texans are playing against the Chiefs next week after beating the Bills, I agree it would incredibly shocking if the Patriots lost to Houston.

• Kathy

Yes, there could be. Any number of shocking things could happen.

I am so happy that the Patriots are out of the playoffs, but ca anything weirder happen? Can players of teams put their heads together, to figure out some more bizarre games? I take it you were expecting them to win,  u when yup look at it they were seed #6, and I don't know where Tennessee Titans, were ranked, but not good enough to give them homefield advantage.