Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceSociology · 2 months ago

Views on legalizing prostitution ?

Since marijuana has been legalized for medical and recreational use I wonder what people’s views are on legalized commercial sex. I find it exciting having sex with someone I don’t know. 

Honestly, none of that should ever be legalized. We don't need prostitution or marijuana. 

I'm in favor of it.

People should be free to do whatever they please with their bodies, even if they want to "sell" them.

I live in a country where prostitution is legal and Cannabis isn't. Prostitution does need to be legal for similar reasons that Cannabis should be.

• Zirp

It is legal where I live

The rationale being that making it illegal would only push it into hiding, which would encourage abuse of the sexworkers.

We like to keep an eye on them, and in cases of abuse we want the victim to report it to the police

Source(s): Netherlands

i dont think they should, people can get an std cause of it

• rick
      1 month agoReport

Pearl, people can get HIV/AIDS at the dentist. Do you suggest eliminating dentistry?

That would be nice but the only way it will happen is if the government can profit off of it, if so they would legalized prostitution, and weed wouldn't be the only legal drug recently regulated for recreational use every drug would as long as the government getting a kick back, where I'm at on the east coast they have recreational crak and it's legally sold in smoke shops, those smoke shops pay taxes and other fees which goes to the state and then transferred to the government see how it work, federally legal and state legal

• A.J.

It's legal in rural counties in Nevada, when locally approved, licensed, regulated, tested often.

The problems with prostitution are not about the sex itself.

Organized crime, STDs, kidnapped and captive prostitutes, theft from customers, underage

I live in Las Vegas. It is not legal in Las Vegas, or the Reno area. 

We have sex clubs in Las Vegas. There are phone apps for hook-ups also.

Sure.  Consenting adults and whatnot.  

• Kelley

God said fornication is wrong. Those who commit fornication do not get into Heaven unless they repent. Follow what God says.

• Dont2 months agoReport

U been reading too much false prophets

i dont think they should, people can get an std that way

• Dont2 months agoReport

People contracting STDs anyways