Ella asked in TravelIndiaOther - India · 3 months ago

Visiting rural India...?

I really want to go to India in April for about 10 days. There are so many places to visit there but the truth is what would make me happiest is spending those 10 days in rural parts of India visiting families and engaging with children. I've always wanted to help out and make these children feel loved and happy. (I know that they already do but I guess that it would really make me feel happy seeing them happy...) I don't know how to go about visiting, sleeping in a place (a hut...) and living amongst them for 10 days.

My real question is where do I start..

• Rural India is full of delights. Especially the young women. In rural areas in third world countries you are more likely to find busty chicks (who had their mammaries enlarged by full fat milk and

organic food alone). When a rural INdian babe drinks her glass of freshly squeezed unpasteurzed milk at night the next morning they feel bigger and plumper! Swell!

Your intent is good but it does not work that way, and certainly not for 10 days.  If you want to experience rural India then talk to a real travel agency where you live to find out about "adventure travel" options.  DON'T try to arrange the trip on your own.  Realize a lot of India is not safe and I doubt you want to be murdered for being infidels.  

• Ludwig

You might find that you were invited to stay in a hut with a village family if you indicated that you were interested in arranging the adoption of one or more of their children.  Adoption fees to adopt an Indian child are approximately $3,500 USD. This amount does not include any U.S.-based expenses (such as the home study, application or petition filing costs, etc.).   Try crowdfunding.

boy you are naive ..but in a good way ..however you would be in a culture shock you may never recover from ..trust me ..i have travelled india ..N.S.E.and west .mainly by train ...for many a hut is a dream ..try living under a bush ..go to any railway station after 4 pm ..thats where many 1000`s spend every night ...95% of population has no running water ..or electric ..toilets etc ..JAIPUR  a city near to AGRA ..home of taj mahal..500.000 kids live on streets ..100.000 dogs roam the average city ...yet  amazingly the women are cheerful ..work 10 times harder than the men ...and the kids are wonderful ...the men are useless ....drink only bottles water ..no ice ..or salad ..clean teeth with bottled ...take lots of wipes ..but you will not return the same 

• John

Why do you assume that they are unhappy?