I looked through a lot of information, and I still can't figure out all the intricacies of computer programming.?

I hear lots of things about front-end and back-end languages, or high-level and low-level languages.

There are different operating systems, and scripting languages, compilers, and languages that connect to other programming languages, and different databases.

I simply cannot figure out how all these things intertwine with each other and how they work.Is there a website that I can go to, where they start from scratch and show me how everything connects from beginning to end?

• Chris
    Favorite Answer

You don't really need to know about operating systems and compilers to learn the basics of programming. Also it took me literally decades to learn as much as I know now, so don't expect to "get" it all in an afternoon.

If you want to learn programming, start with Python. Download Python3, grab a decent Programmer's editor like VS Code and google for tutorials.

If you're more interested in web dev:

The front-end is what happens in the browsers: an HTML doc is loaded, CSS style is applied, JavaScript code runs from the start or fired by user interactions.

The back-end is what happens on the server: HTML docs are delivered to the browser, form input is processed, notifications are sent, etc. People use all kinds of languages for that, but beginners should start with PHP.

If you want to get your feet wet, get XAMPP and google tutorials.

I watched the same difficulty with horror,then I wasn,t helped,but you have to be very fast.Some of the helps are in Region and language bar,some are in the in laguage setting but you can ask some thing about your matter finally,by the help button.

• Lv 7

if you know nothing about computers and how they work, learn that first. if you don't use a computer at all, you should be using one regularly for at least 5 years in your daily life before attempting tobtake on programming.

if you got all that, then start with HTML. by far the easiest to learn. then CSS and JavaScript for fine tuning, and PHP to get into server-side programming. you can learn these all free online, and there are plenty YouTube videos if you prefer.

once you have web coding down, try some light programming, like Python or Ruby. then maybe C# or Java. once you are comfortable, dive into C++, which is one of the most advanced to date.

think of programming like magic: code writing is like spell casting. the keyboard is your magic wand, and one wrong letter and things could go wrong and you'll have to backtrack to see what went wrong.

but when it works out you can fundamentally change the (computer) world to do your bidding...

I don't know about a web site, but I suspect @ the library or Barnes & Nobel there's tons of books on computers & coding & operating systems, etc.

• EddieJ

You don't have to know about all those things.

You can drive without knowing about what a carburetor is.

If you haven't learned how to write a computer program, then focus on that.  I recommend starting with Python.