why is tv so annoying now?

i have only freeview and i can't stand all the adverts now, they are longer than ever and are very unbritish too i might add, and the stupid obnoxious tv narrators now, who sound like young empty headed snowflake sheep!

I recommend only watching the shows you know you want to watch without ads. Consider cutting your tv cable provider of you have one because it’s a huge waste of money.

TRY THE PUBLIC TV STATIONS THAT HAVE EAST ENDERS

If you dislike ads why not try some BBC programmes. BBC1 and BBC2 have between them a  variety of entertainment, [both serious drama and comedy] factual [includes wildlife, science, news and current affairs etc], sport, films and music. In the evening BBC 1/2 is joined by BBC 4 mainly but not entirely factual. BBC 4 is normally channel 9 on Freeview. In addition, there is BBC 3, a niche channel mainly for 16-25-year-olds, this is available online only. If you have children, there are 2 children's channels:-  CBeebies for under 5s and CBBC aimed at older children. I'm unsure of their FV Channel numbers as I don't have any children.

I'm not saying you should watch only the BBC, I watch an assortment of both BBC and non-BBC programmes. Another suggestion, if many or most the programmes you like are mostly non-BBC, why not record your programmes and watch them afterwards so that you can skip the ads. 

• RP

There seems to be many more commercials and much less program. I don't like being indoctrinated and persuaded to buy things I don't want, need, or know how to use. If I want to watch TV, I want to see a program, not be immersed in endless sales pitches.

Broadcast TV in the UK (and I'm guessing in most countries) is dying the death of a 1000 cuts and has been for years now.

Since the introduction of DTV in 2006 any new content has been diluted over way too many channels. Now we are stuck with timeslip channels, channels showing endless repeats and what seems to be adverts every 10 minutes. 

I tried to find something to watch on Christmas night on Freeview and the best I could find was Under Siege 2, I turned it off and watched a couple of episodes of  Trailer Park Boys on Netflix.

People want to watch what they want, when they want. That's why they pay for Netflix, Now TV et cetera.

• Kathy

Because you cannot find something you like watch on it.

And to top it all you're probably paying £150 a year for the privilege of regional narrators trying to project an 'everyman' image ... Watch on demand TV instead