Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelTravel (General)Health & Safety · 2 months ago

If I get motion sickness on roller coasters will I also be prone to getting seasick?

I have a cruise coming up in a few weeks and I am worried about getting seasick. I don t get motion sickness on airplanes, in cars, or when going kayaking but I have in the past when going on a bunch of roller coasters.

I was wondering what my chances of getting seasick on a large cruise ship are and what I can do to avoid it if possible? Thanks!

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Diana
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Only if the water gets stirred up by bad weather.  

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

Shall we all guess your entire medical situation and the exact weather the time your ship passes some point on its cruise.

Talk to YOUR DOCTOR or pharmacist. You can get something to take IF NEEDED.

So you have been on roller coasters ,  kayaking and airplanes for DAYS at a time? Really amazing.

Suggest you limit your alcohol intake the first few hours.

• 1 month ago

You might be in a small boat in rough water, but it's unlikely in a large cruise ship.

• 2 months ago

Take some of the seasickness  medicine like Dramamine. For those that say you won't get seasick that may be true, but I wouldn't suggest not risking it and taking the medication (unless you are opposed to that). I haven't been on many cruises, but the ones I have taken there have definitely been plenty of people with seasickness. And depending on the weather and such it can be smoother or rougher seas.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • MS
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

My husband gets sick in cars, on small boats, etc. and he DOES get sick on cruise ships.  But he doesn't have any problems with roller coasters. Riding a cruise ship is more like those other forms of transportation and not at all like a roller coaster. 

I think if you're okay on other forms of transportation then you'll be fine on the ship.  Take some Dramamine or Sea Bands along just in case, but I would be you won't need them. My husband uses the ginger-based Dramamine - it helps a lot and doesn't make him drowsy.

• 2 months ago

Unless it runs into some really really bad weather, and cruise lines do their very best to avoid such weather, you aren't going to get seasick on a cruise ship if you don't get it in cars.

• 2 months ago

You don't stand much chance of getting seasick on a large cruise ship. Such ships have stabilisers that help to keep the ship floating calmly and peacefully over the sea. Don't worry about getting seasick on a cruise ship. It just won't happen.

• ...Show all comments
    • MS
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

My husband gets sick on every cruise we take if he doesn't keep up with motion sickness meds.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.