1660 super 3 fan gpu and 2 fan gpu whats the difference?

In the market they where i live they only have 1660 super and it have 2 fan GPU

But 1660 super ultra have 3 fan gpu which is out of stock

anyone know the difference?

Favorite Answer

3 fan GPU's should allow the GPU to be overclocked slightly higher, due to the air flow. A 3-fan GPU is usually a factory-overclocked normal GTX 1660 Super. The same 1660 Super in both cases, one is slightly overclocked more. How much extra overclocked? No idea, possibly 10% or more.

Check to see if the 3 fan longer card model will fit on your board and in your box.

I got a GTX 1650 Windforce from Gigabyte that has 2 fans, quite long.  It covered over all my board's SATA ports.  Cannot run with zero drives, so I had to put it in a different board and box.

You can get more cooling by installing case fans.  I put a 200mm one on the OUTSIDE of the removable side wall.  Draws air through the grillwork nicely.

• A.J.

These high performance cards run on moderate wattage and also start with a high base clock. There isn't a lot of overclock they call BOOST clock. There are sometimes differences in the video ram. Since even overclocked the power level is reasonable, they didn't need three fans and it was mostly for marketing.

On base designs, the GTX 1660 Super based on gddr6 is about 15% better than GTX 1660 based on gddr5. GTX 1660 TI gddr6 gets 3% more than 1660 Super and RTX 2060 about 15% more than GTX 1660 Super. Boost clock speed differences can be up to 6%, but in actual use a little less.

GTX 1660 Super Boost Clocks are 1785 MHz to 1875 MHz and although card circuits can be made more efficient, higher clock uses more electricity and gets warmer and pulls more from the power supply.

Slow loading web site:

https://www.game-debate.com/gpu/index.php?gid=4852...

Base gtx 1660 Super 1785 mhz boost clock vs 1830 mhz boost shows a very slight frames per second difference overall.

There are differences in the I/O ports an supported resolutions.

I think you should look at the prices of what's available in GTX 1660, Super, TI, and RTX 2060 and then the boost clock spec and look at reviews of the card by google search, Amazon and Newegg customers.

The number of fans, fan blade design, and blade length of 120 or 140mm do make air flow differences. Don't search by fan numbers as 3 better than 2.

• Bill

Look it up on the manufacturer's web site.