Does wearing black clothes attract heat?

20 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

The outer layer of fabric does get hotter because the black color absorbs more heat. And that heat doesn't get transmitted to the skin because of the thick fabric. But thin black clothing transmits that heat to the skin, making a person hotter.

• Login to reply the answers
  • patty
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

yes that is why many sportspeople wear white or light colours. Black absorbs the heat.

• 1 month ago

No, wearing black clothing doesn't attract heat, it absorbs it more than other colors, especially lighter colors like white and cream colors. That's why people say don't wear black clothing when it's warm, or there's a chance you'll end up too hot.

• 2 months ago

Black clothes absorbs more heat than any other color.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • LM440
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Black and darker colors hold more heat than lighter shades.  However, to actually feel a substantial difference you would have to be in the harshest of environments such as long term in direct sunlight and heat, perhaps walking in the desert.  

If you like the darker shades, including black, you can easily wear them in the hotter weather.

• 2 months ago

It doesn't attract it. It absorbs it though. Meaning it tends to hold the heat that hits it. 

• 2 months ago

Yes,it's a scientific fact that black absorbs more heat.

• 2 months ago

I just knew that If we wear black clothes our skin would be get heat more than other clothes, thats what i knew.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I think it might............................

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

no,it absorbs it more efficiently then lighter colours.

you do see people  in hot countries wearing black but it is almost always loose fitting,i think it supposed to get hot so it creates airflow.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.