We have purchased a new 2020 Hyundai Kona, is the extended warranty (10yr/100000mi) worth it at $1750?  ?

• Dan B

I never buy warranties as I've NEVER would have collected on any warranty. You're paying for a repalcement part + a "small shop fee" that can be high. You're betting you're going to need it; they've betting you're not. On a 2020 car, you won't be needing it. Also, the warranty company might not be around when you need them the most. They have a habit of denying coverage due to "lack of proper maintenance"; can you prove you did. The choice is up to you. I bought a used 2003 Suzuki. The only major problem was the AC compressor ($900 repair). Cheaper than the warranty price.

• JetDoc

No! The POWERTRAIN is already covered for 10 years and 100,000 miles. You're paying $1750 for coverage that the manufacturer has already provided.

• g

No, Hambone, your Kona already has one of the best warranties in the business.

Don't waste your cash.  Save your cash for general maintenance and services to keep your Hyundai running smoothly for many years and miles to come.  

• that's  how  the  dealerships  make  money … by  scamming  owners  into  purchasing  warranties.

• Kenny

What does it cover and does it have a deductible?  Thinking it covers things like door handles, power window, radio?, seat material, trims?, power mirrors? 

Only thing I fear is the window and trims, but that is not worth $1700.  If the seats wore out that maybe worth $1700  

No way! Not on a dependable model with a 10 year 100,000 mile drivettrain warranty already in place. 

• Eva

It already has a 5 yr/60,000 bumper to bumper and a 10/100000 drive train. If you drive a lot and think you will go over the 60,000 in less than 5 yrs., you would want to consider the extended warranty. The last one I bought was refundable if I didn't use it, but I did end up using all of it and then some. With all the computerization in today's cars, they are very expensive to fix. You'll also want to look at what the deductible is for each claim. Most make you pay $100 per repair.

• .

It already has a power train warranty for that long.  So I would not bother with it.

No.  That warranty is very limited and the dealer would make every effort NOT to honor it.  And CALL the manufacturer if ask if there is a charge for that warranty.  You are probably getting scammed.