Haley asked in HealthMental Health · 3 months ago

My anxiety is crippling and at this point I'm lost. I need advice.?

I am 16 years old and last year my anxiety began to get worse and worse. At this point it's almost impossible to function. I can't move or eat I throw up randomly just from fear of everything (most often in the middle of the night so I get little to no sleep). I try really hard in school and miraculously am able to keep my grades up by working at home and talking with the teachers, but my mental state keeps depleting and I'm starting to wonder how long I can keep this up. I haven't been able to leave my room for more than an hour right now it's horrible. I feel worthless I have seen 3 different doctors and they all seem to brush off how bad things are and refuse to change my medicine even when I am having really bad reactions. I feel trapped. I have no choices, it's all doctors and my parents making these decisions and when I try to explain myself I get shrugged off. I just want to be self-sufficient because the people who make decisions for me suck. Any tips for my anxiety and what to do. I know my anxiety is on the very extreme side and I get nervous to ask advise from friends because they often really worry about me and want to do something themselves but the last thing I want now is for someone else to make decisions for me with this anxiety thing. I need to be able to do things myself. Also I have explained this situation to therapists, counselors, parents, teachers, and friends. And I don't think involving more people will help.

Favorite Answer

I recommend you go to youtube and search for DR BERG ANXIETY.  Watch his short videos.  Take notes.  Apply his advice.  Too often long term anxiety, depression and other mood swings are the result of malnutrition.  Like, you have been eating a nutritionally deficient diet for years.  You like most likely start feeling a lot better when you start eating fresh produce, either raw like in salads, or steamed (like broccoli, cauliflower, brussels sprouts).  Get some B complex vitamins and take those on a regular basis.  Take a vitamin D3 supplement every evening, along with a Vitamin K2 supplement.  it will help you sleep.  You can do a lot to help yourself that your doctors obviously aren't helping.  No amount of pharmaceuticals and psycho therapy is going to take the place of good nutrition.  Your body is trying to tell you something.  Pay attention.  Take care of yourself.

• hart

Anxiety is a gluten and gmo disorder

Well, in order to control Anxiety, you will have to Face the things that actually causes it...Stop running away from your Fears...Face them Instead..and Don't believe in Stupid things :)

Thats how I was able to Control it :)

I wonder about your nutrition and how healthy you are. There was an interesting TedTalk about how nutrition affects mental health. Eating well and getting exercise can do wonders.

For stress, I would recommend that you experiment with yoga. It's a wonderful form of exercise, and has a really strong calming effect. When you're focusing on holding the poses, you tend to not focus on the things that are causing the stress. 

It also happens to be good for making you look good too. Not the best for making you big and strong, but it fits your situation. 

Please try yoga and deep breathing techniques,these are really effective.Try 20 minutes every day,you should notice a good difference.

All the best and God bless.

Meditate. Exercise. Eat healthy. Take quiet time for yourself. Watch and listen to peaceful things. Avoid things that cause anxiety, but do expose yourself to challenges in smaller doses. Breathe. Close yhour eyes and visualize yourself responding to anxious things in a new and relaxed way. Practice this. And see a therapist, if at all possible. 

Fear is the feeling of a lack of power, of controlling influence. This explains why others' making decisions for you and dismissing your input doesn't help, to say the least. As for the main cause, that is ultimately the subconscious fear of death... I suggest you listen to at least the first half hour of this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mnIdcde8y8

Youtube thumbnail

Jeez,kid! come on!! Medication and therapy!!!

If you have been officially diagnosed by a doctor then you should be in weekly therapy where you will learn self coping skills.

If you are not in therapy you need to start therapy.

Source(s): lived with anxiety since I was about 12

I have noticed kids have to have some mental illness label these days and many talk themselves into getting worse.

All experts on the internet, though, so why not choose self-help? There are many many websites for anxiety self-help out there and lots of advice for a person to follow and apply to their daily lives. Healing is a positive life change and it takes effort and work to make any positive changes in our lives... or to gain anything positive at all. You said you're doing something to keep your grades up and you might consider doing something to help you with your anxiety too.

Along with this, our gut health is also related to our mental health, so you might do some research on brain gut health online as well.

Your BRAIN is the absolute best medication in the world. Our brains are powerful healing tools.

You might want to do some guided meditations as well. There are a lot of them on youtube for anxiety and healing the body and mind. I use guided meditations every night (phone and ear buds) -- very helpful. And if a person falls to sleep using these meditations, all the better. Our subconscious minds pick up the spoken messages.

Just work on YOU. That's the way to healing.