promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

My child was invited to a bday party the invitation also includes the twin siblings as birthday boys. I’m I required to buy three gifts?

Update:

To clarify my child is schoolmates with their 7 yr old birthday girl and does know the younger twin siblings. However the twins will be 5 and the invitation list all three siblings as the birthday kids. 

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago
    Favorite Answer

You could buy a gift that is shared, like a board game.

It might be better to buy 3 gifts, but if you don't want to, I recommend the above.

There is no way to figure out if it is required unless you ask the parents.

• Pynkclouds1 month agoReport

Thank this is what I ended up doing. 

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Daisy
    Lv 6
    3 months ago

I'm confused.   Is the invitation for 3 people? Or is the invitation for your child? (one person).   Is the party for 3 people celebrating birthdays? Are the 3 people related? Are they siblings? 

You may need to get 3 gifts -- especially if they live in different houses.  

How old are the birthday kids?  If they are under 5, you may be able to get away with simple, inexpensive gifts.  If they are older, your expenses may go up.  Do these children have hobbies?  If so, you may be able to buy gifts that support their hobbies (like Lego, for example). 

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

If none of the other answers resolve this issue for you, the invitation can be declined.

• 3 months ago

NO HE GIVES A GIFT TO THE ONE HE KNOWS.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    3 months ago

No - one gift from all 3 . . . . . you might make it a little nicer, but no need too.  It's supposed to be a celebration - not a shakedown.

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

Unless the people you hang with are keeping score, nothing is really required. If you can afford it, sure its a generous thing to do. If not buy what you can. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.