promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelEurope (Continental)Turkey · 3 months ago

Can I go topless in Turkish hotels and on the beach, I always go topless but first time in Turkey. Help and advice please?

Attachment image

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 days ago

Full-nudity would not be ideal for your case. But worry not you can always expose half of it. Only one boob for instance. That would be acceptable.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • alan P
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Going topless in Mediterranean resorts and hotels, in Turkey or elsewhere is not as acceptable as it was in the 80s and 90s.  I'd be a bit careful around a hotel pool but you will probably be OK on some beaches.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I'd avoid it.  Turkey is a rather conservative country.  

• cahit4 days agoReport

no no no

• Orla C
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Not in hotels.

But when you're on a beach, look around. If you see other women topless and nobody seems to mind, then work away. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Kate
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Only if you want to be locked up or raped. What a ridiculous question.

• alan P
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Not a ridiculous question

• Zirp
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Some turks may think Allah wants them to rape you if you do that...

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

If you are serious the short answer is no, as there are significant numbers of Muslims in Turkey and their religion in general requires modest dress (although many have adapted to more western styles) nudity of any type is still frowned upon and punishable under law.  As one person stated there is one beach where at the extreme end people do go naked or at least topless this is an extreme exception and going topless anywhere else would most likely result in a change of accommodation to something far less hospitable.

• Sky
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Doing a quick google search (and really, it only took seconds to find an answer), it appears nudity and toplessness is frowned on in Turkey because it is a majority muslim country.  The only thing I found is Patara Beach, which has remote section of that beach that's a very long walk away from the tourist area that's an unofficial nude beach because people make use of the relative seclusion.  You could always contact a travel agent who would be able to do a more thorough search, or perhaps ask around a naturism site like Netnude.com which has a travel section in the discussion forums.

• Carson
    Lv 6
    3 months ago

And yet....You have a top on in the picture. Turks get to see boo*ies and I don't. ..

Reported

• 3 months ago

Just dont around muslims. I would love you to be topless around me.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.