Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelEurope (Continental)Turkey · 7 months ago

Can I go topless in Turkish hotels and on the beach, I always go topless but first time in Turkey. Help and advice please?

In the presence of other foreigners, you might be ok. Locals might react differently.

Only if you want to be treated like a prostitute.

The Turkish Muslim mentality is to treat women as second class citizens.

Muslim Turks may target you for rape if you do not dress conservatively.

Any western women on her own will be harassed by seemingly sex starved Turkish perverts.

If you are harassed  or assaulted the police will not help you...they will say it's your fault for being provocative,and may even charge you with lying to the police about the incident. 

In short dont go to this backward cesspit of a country.

Source(s): https://ahvalnews.com › gender Web results Being a woman in Turkey: “No justice, no equality, no safety!” | Ahval Number of women killed in Turkey continues to rise - NPR | Ahval

Full-nudity would not be ideal for your case. But worry not you can always expose half of it. Only one boob for instance. That would be acceptable.

• alan P

Going topless in Mediterranean resorts and hotels, in Turkey or elsewhere is not as acceptable as it was in the 80s and 90s.  I'd be a bit careful around a hotel pool but you will probably be OK on some beaches.

• Orla C

Not in hotels.

But when you're on a beach, look around. If you see other women topless and nobody seems to mind, then work away. 

• Kate

Only if you want to be locked up or raped. What a ridiculous question.

• Zirp

Some turks may think Allah wants them to rape you if you do that...

• Sky

Doing a quick google search (and really, it only took seconds to find an answer), it appears nudity and toplessness is frowned on in Turkey because it is a majority muslim country.  The only thing I found is Patara Beach, which has remote section of that beach that's a very long walk away from the tourist area that's an unofficial nude beach because people make use of the relative seclusion.  You could always contact a travel agent who would be able to do a more thorough search, or perhaps ask around a naturism site like Netnude.com which has a travel section in the discussion forums.

• Carson

And yet....You have a top on in the picture. Turks get to see boo*ies and I don't. ..

Reported

Just dont around muslims. I would love you to be topless around me.