Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 5 months ago

I have a hard time gaining muscle and losing fat. How can I become muscular?

I'm a woman and I saw this article there this obese woman lost weight by weightlifting. I went from not being able to lift a 5-pound dumbbell to now can handle a 12 pound but my arms are tiny and muscular people always have big arms. I lost 5 pounds during my week of wisdom teeth surgery from that soft diet. I can do 45 pounds of 15 reps on the leg press but that's not good enough

Favorite Answer

Just stick with a simple workout. For example: 

Do three sets per body part (Chest, shoulders, back, biceps, triceps, abs, quads, hamstrings, calves) of 8-12 reps (abs and calves go to 25). start at 8 reps with a given weight and when you can do 12 increase the weight. Do that three times a week. 

Occasionally change the exercises and make sure you're getting enough protein. 

Google exercises for specific bodyparts and find ones that work for you with the equipment you have. If you don't see improvement try a different exercise.

I could go a lot more in depth but really if you stick to the basics you should see a lot of improvement. 

Muscle mass gain sometimes means weight gain unless you're on a weight loss plan

Meanwhile, if you're gaining muscle mass it takes up to 8 weeks to notice any change after you first start working out.

• Andy C

Exercise has almost nothing to do with significant fat loss or gain.

It's all the regular diet.

Yours is killing you and making you fat.

Read below.

Source(s): "Fat Chance..." by Dr. Robert Lustig M.D, M.S.A
    • Lv 5

Stupidest thing I've ever read

Weightlifting is a long term deal.  How long have you been at it?  After 6 months, you should note some significant changes.  At a year you should note real progresses & the beginnings of a whole new look. 

Stick with it & good luck!