Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (American) · 6 months ago

Should I play safety or cornerback?

I'm about 5'6.5 and 130 lbs, going to be a senior next year. I'm not too fast, but I have great ball skills, and average tackling. This will be my first year playing, but i'll get PT cause the team is awful

Favorite Answer

Based on your height and weight, I believe that the best fit for you is at free safety. You have the ideal size for a high school free safety.

My best advice for you is to work hard and perform very well in practice every day. In addition, what you need to do this summer (and every offseason) is eat healthy, exercise by doing weight lifting, and either jogging or going for a long run every day. If you do these things, you will get faster, stronger, and into better shape, which will greatly improve your chances of becoming a successful, top notch free safety in high school football, who could go on to play college football.

By the way, your chances of playing college football depend on your performance in football during your senior year of high school. If you perform very well in football during your final 3 years of high school, you will greatly improve your chances of getting recruited to play for a college football program in the future.

You should play the position you like playing the most

• 6 months agoReport

SAFETY

ypur coach should know which is best. good luck!

• Cu Tie

First of all, I highly encourage you to join your high school football team next season. It will still not (yet) be too late for you to start playing football. Based on your height and weight, I believe that you will make a very good fit at strong safety. You have the ideal size for a high school senior strong safety. 

My best advice for you is to work hard and perform very well in practice every day. In addition, what you need to do during the next 7 months is eat healthy, exercise by doing weight lifting, and either jogging or going for a long run every day. If you do these things, you will get faster, stronger, and into better shape, which will greatly improve your chances of being a successful, top notch strong safety in high school football next season, who could go on to play college football.By the way, your chances of playing college football depend on your performance in football during your senior year of high school. If you perform very well in football next season, you will greatly improve your chances of getting recruited to play for a college football program.