Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceSpecial Education · 2 months ago

am I autistic or something?

Outside of home, Im very shy and timid. I get SO NERVOUS talking to people and even the thought of it makes my stomach turn. But at home, Im SUPER loud. I literally screech and sing loudly. I make jokes and feel super comfortable at home. Am I autistic or just have anxiety problems?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

I don’t think your autistic pursey....  becouse autism is mostly repetitive behaviors that you cannot control and it makes it hard for them to listen becosue they get so distracted. I have a question, can you control the loud screeching at home and do you recognize when you are and able to stop?  And btw don’t  listen to the people below I also have that problem I deal with every bad social anxiety up to the point where I feel like if I look at anyone there all judging me and laughing at me but when I’m at home I feel so happy I talk a lot and can be myself! I think you are most likely an introvert and prefere not making a lot of social interaction outside of your house which is perfectly fine. I mostly just play videogames and watch tv try maybe going outside more and meet new people get out your comfort zone and do things you wouldn’t normally do!!!!! 

• Nathan
      Lv 4
      1 month agoReport

That is not autism. You need to do more research or rephrase what you wrote, because all In reading is very inaccurate

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

You are capable of reflection , that's your answer.

• Nathan
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Nobody in here can answer that. You need a professional diagnoses for both of those - autism is more then being shy/timid outside, it's a developmental disorder that is characterized by difficulty in social interaction and communication and by restricted or repetitive patterns of thought and behaviour.

Only a professional can tell you what you are after you have an assessment

• 1 month ago

hi, i'm a speech and language therapist and i can tell you that i don't think you are autistic, you are just shy. If you think you are too much shy you could see a psychologist. I was like that too and now i work with people with no problem.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Being shy does not qualify for a diagnosis of autism.

I know plenty of people who are actually diagnosed with autism, and most of them are not shy at all.

You're just shy. Why does it have to be anything else?

• 2 months ago

Visit a doctor if it's really concerning. I understand what you mean, I used to be really quiet outside but at home I was really loud. You're probably just an ambivert. Being like that doesn't necessarily mean you're autistic

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.