Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceSpecial Education · 2 months ago

am I autistic or something?

Outside of home, Im very shy and timid. I get SO NERVOUS talking to people and even the thought of it makes my stomach turn. But at home, Im SUPER loud. I literally screech and sing loudly. I make jokes and feel super comfortable at home. Am I autistic or just have anxiety problems?

Favorite Answer

I don’t think your autistic pursey....  becouse autism is mostly repetitive behaviors that you cannot control and it makes it hard for them to listen becosue they get so distracted. I have a question, can you control the loud screeching at home and do you recognize when you are and able to stop?  And btw don’t  listen to the people below I also have that problem I deal with every bad social anxiety up to the point where I feel like if I look at anyone there all judging me and laughing at me but when I’m at home I feel so happy I talk a lot and can be myself! I think you are most likely an introvert and prefere not making a lot of social interaction outside of your house which is perfectly fine. I mostly just play videogames and watch tv try maybe going outside more and meet new people get out your comfort zone and do things you wouldn’t normally do!!!!! 

• Nathan
      1 month agoReport

That is not autism. You need to do more research or rephrase what you wrote, because all In reading is very inaccurate

You are capable of reflection , that's your answer.

• Nathan

Nobody in here can answer that. You need a professional diagnoses for both of those - autism is more then being shy/timid outside, it's a developmental disorder that is characterized by difficulty in social interaction and communication and by restricted or repetitive patterns of thought and behaviour.

Only a professional can tell you what you are after you have an assessment

hi, i'm a speech and language therapist and i can tell you that i don't think you are autistic, you are just shy. If you think you are too much shy you could see a psychologist. I was like that too and now i work with people with no problem.

Being shy does not qualify for a diagnosis of autism.

I know plenty of people who are actually diagnosed with autism, and most of them are not shy at all.

You're just shy. Why does it have to be anything else?

Visit a doctor if it's really concerning. I understand what you mean, I used to be really quiet outside but at home I was really loud. You're probably just an ambivert. Being like that doesn't necessarily mean you're autistic