My CD R disc won't play on CD Players?

I'm burning songs to blank CD R discs I bought from Target. I follow the instructions on burning the discs, and the pop up that appears says that I can use the disc on any Mac or Windows computer. But it doesn't say it'll play on a CD Player, which is what my grandmother uses to listen to the songs. The only burn speed it will allow me to burn the songs on is 10x which it says is the maximum speed. I click 'burn' and it burns the songs to the disc, says that it finalizes it, and then it's done. But when I put it in a CD player, it says that there is no disc in it. I've looked online for how to solve this, and options, like burning at a slower speed or making sure it's finalized, don't help me. 

Is it the actual disc that I'm trying to burn the songs to that won't work? Or do I have to find a different way to burn the songs to the CD? I'd really appreciate the answer, if you have one! 

• Newton
    Favorite Answer

only music CD-R discs can be played in CD players, and some CD players will not play CD-R or CD-RW discs because they are not as reflective as CD discs made in factories. From you picture, you may be trying to burn a data CD-R discs (e.g. that contain computer files instead of musical tracks), and these types of CD-Rs can only be read by computer CD players and recorders.

• chorle

Some CD players will play if you burned it as a CD but not if you burned it as MP3 if you can put over 79 minutes of songs or podcasts on the disc it is  burning as mp3 

if you have a windows computer exit that particular screen and boot up windows media player and drag and drop your music files and burn them to cd within windows media player.

If you have a mac in tosh computer, exit that particular screen and open itunes, make a new playlist and drag and drop or import the songs that you want to burn into that playlist and then burn them within itunes.

When you put in a blank CD it is gonna pop up that screen everytime.

• NONAME

is it a Cd-r or a CD+R...this difference is the key

• spacemissing

There are no "CD+R" discs. That variance and distinction applies to DVDs ONLY.

• Michze

Maybe your CD player is older and it doesn't recognize CD-R discs and the file format.

• Kenny

You check if the CD-R has the songs in a .wav format(extension). Then see if you can play the song on the computer.  If both issues are ok then burn the songs to a regular non-rerecordable CD.  Some CD players can not read CD-R.

Could it be that the format of the song isn't playable on the CD player in question?

For example, my old car stereo's CD player would play MP3 files but NOT MP4 files.

Your computer may be capable of playing file types that the CD player cannot. I would suggest you look up the specific CD player online (or in the manual that came with it) to determine which types of files it can play.

It's probably copyright protected.

• EE2 months agoReport

They're songs that I recorded myself, so I don't think that's the problem