Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetOther - Computers · 2 months ago

what is a "bank computer"?

Both my aunt and uncle and my step grandma had this computer in their house all throughout the 1990s.

This computer was sitting in their houses and had an atmosphere to it of seriousness.

my aunt and uncle refereed to it as a bank computer and when I was little I couldn t play around on it because that was business means.

it consist of a small 10 inch computer CRT monitor screen (beige) yellowing with age. It had a horizontal tower and a dot matrix printer.

All my step grandma and uncle and aunt ever said that it was a bank computer and that was it. I remember it having a green text on the black screen.

. Both of the computers didn t have a mouse.

• Rayal
    Favorite Answer

That is just what they called it. It sounds like an old DOS computer or a dumb terminal.

Green screen went out in the mid to late 80's

Sounds to me like an old windows nt stock terminal. Which relays the price of stocks and bonds and allows you to buy and sell.

• cmac'm

It's an easy way of telling kids there are no games on it and stay off it so you don't mess anything up.

It was running DOS, and back in the good ole days there wasn't much to do except simple documents and spreadsheets.