I can't handle heavy workload?

I started my new job on Drc 11 of 2019. Training went great but since I've been working on my own since this past Monday, I am so overwhelmed with the work load.

We each have our own number of cases to do. For Follow Up Clerks we have a 25 cases per day quota we have to met plus urgent and assigned cases we have to do plus we have to call lawyers and members throughout the day. It's a lot and stressful. Don't get me wrong I like a challenge and like be busy but this is so overwhelming. I talked to my mom about it.

Mom said when she first started passing meds (she's a retired nurse) it took her the whole shift because she didn't know the system like the senior nurses. I told her that's how I was on Monday. It took me the whole day just to do 5 out of 6 cases. I know I made mistakes.

I like my job but it's the workload that's getting to me and I haven't even been three days yet.

Does anyone feel where I'm coming from? Did you think about quitting after two days? Also, reviews about the company said it has a high turn over rate. A lot of the former employees used the word "stressful." This is a call center job btw. Only one person in the dept that I work in has been with the company for a year. It'll be a yr later in the month.

I just need reassurance.

• Judy
    Favorite Answer

Give it a couple weeks and see if you get faster. I'll bet you will. If it doesn't start getting better by then, talk to your supervisor.

If you need help on a certain aspect, go to your boss and ask how to handle it better.