Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetInternetGoogle · 2 months ago

Is it possible to change google to show HTTPS websites again?

I have no idea if I'm entering a safe website or not. I don't know why google would change this!

Update:

There's no padlock anymore and the pages look completely different.

Update 2:

"Google has once again started to strip the "www" subdomain and "https://" identifier from URLs shown in the address bar."

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Jim
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

If you mean Google Chrome, then look for the lock symbol on the left end of the web address window. A closed lock means secure.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Steven
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

Google only shows the submitted URL and it does not shows the URL their end. So be careful, if you have unauthorised websites.  

Attachment image
  • ?
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

The padlock is  there on my Google  browser......

• Pyrus
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

There is a lock symbol right next to the site that you've visited. You can click on that and see if you are secure or not. There you can check the certificate, cookies, and even the site settings. 

If you want to visit sites while secure, you can add an extension for Google Chrome web browser. The extension is "Malwarebytes". Look it up in Google web store. Here is a link:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/search/malwareb...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

There should still be a padlock icon to the left of the web address.

• Dave
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Google didn't change anything, Google is a search engine. If you mean Chrome, the web browser, then it depends on what happened, as they wouldn't have changed it either. More likely you made the change yourself, or you've infected your browser with malware, which did it for you.

Download the free copy of malwarebytes and run a scan, and see what it finds.

Source(s): www.malwarebytes.org
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.