promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Do people in America launch fireworks on holidays?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago

People can launch fireworks for their birthday. 

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Daisy
    Lv 6
    3 months ago

Fireworks are very popular for the 4th of July and New Year's Day.

In the town where I work, they have fireworks on Labor Day.  (It was a strong union town for almost 100 years).

I watch televised concerts on PBS - and there have been fireworks for Memorial Day as well. 

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

Yes they do but not every holiday. Fireworks are popular of 4th of July and New Years Eve-Day especially.

• 3 months ago

Kinda. We only do the big fireworks on the Fourth of July. For other holidays, we use teeny fire crackers that go POP! Just last night on New Years Eve, I heard a bunch of firecrackers going off in the neighborhood. There are these people in my neighborhood who launch fireworks and firecrackers for every holiday. Christmas, New Year's, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and sometimes just 'cause. So, yeah, firecrackers are mainly for other holidays, firecrackers and fireworks for the Fourth of July. Hope this helps. : )

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • DJC
    Lv 5
    3 months ago

Generally, Americans launch fireworks on a few select holidays.  Americans launch fireworks on American Independence Day - July 4 - when America declared its independence from the United Kingdom in 1776.  This is pretty much the "fireworks holiday."

The only other holiday I can think of where fireworks are launched in America, would be New Year's Day - January 1 - and generally only between midnight (00:00) and 12:05am (00:05).

• 3 months ago

Fourth of July. 

A homerun during a baseball game. 

Winning the World Series. 

Or if you’re the manager of the band Great White, you light fireworks in a bar and set the whole bar on fire killing a bunch of people.  

Lv 7
    3 months ago

Usually just on the 4th of July.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.