Do people in America launch fireworks on holidays?

People can launch fireworks for their birthday. 

• Daisy

Fireworks are very popular for the 4th of July and New Year's Day.

In the town where I work, they have fireworks on Labor Day.  (It was a strong union town for almost 100 years).

I watch televised concerts on PBS - and there have been fireworks for Memorial Day as well. 

Yes they do but not every holiday. Fireworks are popular of 4th of July and New Years Eve-Day especially.

Kinda. We only do the big fireworks on the Fourth of July. For other holidays, we use teeny fire crackers that go POP! Just last night on New Years Eve, I heard a bunch of firecrackers going off in the neighborhood. There are these people in my neighborhood who launch fireworks and firecrackers for every holiday. Christmas, New Year's, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and sometimes just 'cause. So, yeah, firecrackers are mainly for other holidays, firecrackers and fireworks for the Fourth of July. Hope this helps. : )

• DJC

Generally, Americans launch fireworks on a few select holidays.  Americans launch fireworks on American Independence Day - July 4 - when America declared its independence from the United Kingdom in 1776.  This is pretty much the "fireworks holiday."

The only other holiday I can think of where fireworks are launched in America, would be New Year's Day - January 1 - and generally only between midnight (00:00) and 12:05am (00:05).

Fourth of July. 

A homerun during a baseball game. 

Winning the World Series. 

Or if you’re the manager of the band Great White, you light fireworks in a bar and set the whole bar on fire killing a bunch of people.  

• .

Usually just on the 4th of July.