promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Is something wrong with my hard drive?

I only bought this hard drive last August 2018. Now I checked that I only have 27 remaining lifetime? I know that hard drives usually lasts 4-5 years but why is it showing me this

Attachment image

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago

Looks like a scam message...

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 3 months ago

Replace the drive now!!!! You should always have backup.

• 3 months ago

all modern drives have SMART which detects trends in disk sector failures. when SMART is triggered you may be helped to get a warning to SAVE ALL YOUR DATA as soon as you can as you may only have a LIMITED NO OF SYSTEM STARTS LEFT before the disk will die. Usually risking more than 3 or 4 starts results in the drive death anyway. SAVE ALL YOUR STUFF NOW.

• David
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Backup your data ASAP and contact Seagate to see if the drive is still under warranty. If you are UK based this is the website to start your claim. Otherwise just google seagate warranty

https://www.seagate.com/gb/en/support/warranty-and...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 months ago

well without knowing the exact smart stats but it does sound like power issues with the drive as well as a bunch of bad sectors caused by it. could be a bad batch of drives. 

• 3 months ago

First and foremost: Do you have a Backup Plan?? If you have everything backed up, then you can turn to the drive.  

1) run the test again.  See if the data changes.  

2) Check the SMART tab and see what it has to say in depth. 

3) google the drive to see if this is a known problem.  

4) Contact the company and see if there is any warranty left.  (Prob not, but check to be sure.) 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.