Jeremiah asked in PetsReptiles · 2 months ago

how to stop crickets from making that deafening sound?

is there a way to reduce cricket noise? they are near the yard in the bush of a daytime and they are extremely LOUD constant and deafening they do not shut the f up ALL DAY they dont even have a break for 5 mins and driving me nuts

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Rick
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Hog tie EACH one ..................................

• Login to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

You will want to switch to Dubias or keep them somewhere more quiet

• 2 months ago

Others have mentioned that crickets make the noise to attract the attention of a potential mate. As I see it, your attention has been captured...

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Crickets call because they want to attract females. Females do not make noises. There is no way to stop them if they are outside where you live unless you hire an exterminator to kill them all. I used to buy hundreds of crickets to feed my pet frogs. When I get the crickets, I pick out all the males and put them in the freezer. That stopped them from making noises. Sometimes an occasional male escapes and I had to put up with the noise until after it has dropped dead because of starvation. The only way to reduce the noise is to install sound absorbing wall and door panels and they are available from hardware stores.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • audrey
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Wear ear plugs or listen to stuff on headphones as much as you can.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Get Trump to bomb them.

• Sandy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

they use the sound to call for a mate. they are also ventriloquists with the noise. I had one in my basement (or that's where it sounded like it was) and for 48 hours it was sheer madness in my house. I could barely hear my tv! I was even glad to go to work, just to get away from the sound. LOL! tough it out, that's all you can do. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.