promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Isn't it weird that my former boss wants me back even tho he hated me while I was working for him?

My former boss kept complaining about my work when I was working for him. He always yelled at me over everything I do. He even told me that my work is lousy and that it looks like I don't care about my job. One time he even got so mad at me that he threatened to report me to upper management if I continue not to listen to him. Eventually, I got tired over getting rebuked that I resigned and to not make a big scene about it, I resigned for personal reasons. I figured it was for the best. I don't enjoy working for someone who is always yelling at me and clearly, he didn't enjoy having me work for him. So I thought this was a win-win decision. Well, after I left, he keeps emailing me on my personal email and texting me on my personal cell phone offering me my job back.

What is wrong with this guy? He hated it when I worked for him and now wants me back. What's up with him?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Erik
    Lv 7
    3 months ago
    Favorite Answer

He must have a hard time filling the position.  If it was me I would tell him to go kick rocks.

• ...Show all comments
    • Casey Y
      Lv 7
      3 months agoReport

You need to do what is right for you.  I would contact the company and say "the boss wants me back...but he is terrible.  I'll return, but only in his job. "

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Bort
    Lv 6
    3 months ago

Reply to the texts not asking but telling him to leave you alone, do not contact you, you're not interested. Ignore the emails but don't delete them keep them for your records just in case something comes of this. It's unlikely anything will but it's better to have than have not.

• Eva
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Why not ask him? Since he reached out to you, why not ask him why he wants you back when he wasn't pleased with your work and treated you so badly. Do you want to go back? I certainly wouldn't without a hefty raise.

• Maxi
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Maybe the old saying "You don't know what you have until it is gone"

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    3 months ago

I agree with him. I hate you too.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.