Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 months ago

I'm a 35 year old atheist and every time I ask my Christian mom for burden of proof she sends me to my room. What do I do?

And she doesn't allow me to use my computer when it happens, so I can't watch Richard Dawkins interviews or go to Christian forums where they're discussion their religion to destroy them.

And as an atheist I am of course required to ask Christians for their burden of proof, so I can't stop doing it. What am I to do?

Favorite Answer

I would suggest that you get to know Yeshua for yourself.

I have met Yeshua ("Jesus") a number of times over the past 25 years. He is real, He is alive, He has spoken to me, and I have spoken to Him. Each encounter was unexpected and unique. Search YouTube for "Jesus encounter" and you will see He has appeared to atheists, Jews, Muslims, etc...

Joh 8:23-24 Yeshua said to them, “You are from below; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world. I told you that you would die in your sins, for unless you believe that I am he [the messiah] you will die in your sins.”

Mat 10:37-38 [Yeshua speaking] Whoever loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me, and whoever loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. And whoever does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me.

Is Yeshua ("Jesus") the most important thing in your life? How much time do you spend with Him every day? Is He your friend?

Spend time every day singing (out loud) praise and worship songs... these songs should mention the blood of Jesus, the cross, and/or attributes of the character and nature of God. Here are a few of my favorites (you can set it to shuffle play so they play in random order):

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2kjGV_3m9r...

Spend time in prayer every day (praying out loud). Here are prayers I say every day. Modify them as you see fit for your situation and circumstances:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m34ecgvn4amoduh/Daily%20...

Spend time every day reading your Bible (reading out loud). I use the E.S.V. but the King James (not the "New" King James) is the most accurate translation as it is the ONLY translation that uses the Textus Receptus manuscripts.

Praying in tongues is probably the most important thing I have learned to do. Learn to pray in tongues, and pray in tongues for at least an hour every evening before going to bed. Since I started doing this I have had numerous dreams, visions, and even encounters with Yeshua. Here is a document I put together to help people understand and get started:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5pibf1bwoqmoo74/Pray%20i...

Here is some "soaking" music to listen to while praying or reading - it is important to pray and read out loud, there is power in the spoken word:

Well

I suppose that she could assign a burden of proof on you

but then what would YOU do?

Apparently, she knows that you could not carry it.

Go to your room and think about what you've done wrong.

• Retief

Its truly sad that people have to resort to this kind of moronic nonsense as a way to discredit people they obviously don't understand.

Save up your allowance, buy a length of stout rope, tie the rope to the leg of the bed, open the window, climb down the rope, and  travel by whatever means are available, to someplace like Toronto, San Francisco, or London, where atheism is tolerated.

You're a really poor liar and clearly not an atheist, as revealed by your anonymity and your moronic misuse of the term 'burden of proof'. This isn't even worthy of a C-grade. I give it a D-.

• Thumbs UP for NOTICING the OBVIOUS. Meanwhile, back at the Ranch, little Thomas is still waiting for testable, repeatable, consistent evidence of the existence of ANY Goddess, ANY God, ANY Divine Being.

Simple. You go to your room.

Perhaps eventually you will grow up?

STOP BOTHERING HER...U CAN REPENT AND PRAY FOR YOURSELF...YOU ARE STILL AT HOME AT 35??

• PERHAPS the Asker lives at home to TAKE CARE OF an aging or disabled parent. Atheists HAVE been known to be NICE to people. ( However: This one seems to be LYING about being an atheist )

Blah, blah, blah. I am Flowerchild and I think I am clever even though I keep coming here and getting humiliated. Blah. blah, blah. 

Let's be honest. You're a Christian troll, mid-forties, and think you're funny. The only thing about this question that's remotely accurate is that you live with your mother.