Does anyone know how to travel solo?

I need your help!!! I want to travel solo next summer in the U.K, (I'm from L.A)

I am 24 y/o never done this before, but hey YOLO right? Anyways, I need guidance, suggestions, tips, etc., anything to help me get feel safe once I travel solo.

Sooo help??

Favorite Answer

There's nothing particularly dangerous about traveling solo, especially in the UK (which is FAR safer than LA). I've traveled all over the world, often by myself for business, and I really like it. I can do what I want, when I want. One thing I would suggest is looking on sites like Tripadvisor.com and Viator.com for small group tours. I've done some fabulous things like cooking classes in Thailand, a boat trip in Vietnam, and snorkeling trips in the Caribbean. You're with other people, and can talk to them or not, as you please. London is a great walking city. Don't be afraid to go to restaurants by yourself. I sometimes have a book on my phone to read while I'm waiting for my food- but a lot of women travel for business these days, and places have gotten much better about treating single women well. The one caveat, of course, is never to get drunk and leave a bar with a strange man. But you already know that. Train travel in the UK is delightful, and easy to book. 

Where in the UK do you want to travel?

London is a great place to explore, and has an excellent public transport system.