Kyle
Kyle asked in Cars & TransportationCar Audio · 2 months ago

Is Apple CarPlay worth it?

Does anyone have Apple CarPlay in their cars for iPhone users and love using it? i'm in the beginning stages of upgrading my car and am deciding between that or just bluetooth. i use my iphone for pandora and gps as well. so i don't need gps built into another car either.

Favorite Answer

If you depend on your iPhone for gps and music then it might be worth it. The bigger screen is nice for seeing directions and the touchscreen to let you change and select music is great. 

I have Bluetooth, iPhone, gps, and I listen to the radio station so the CarPlay isn’t going to make that much of a difference for me. Sister and her husband uses their CarPlay because they like to listen to their own music so it’s more convenient for them to pick and choose what songs they want to listen to. 

• Kyle

can you use hey siri with carplay?  or is it only touch screen?  i do use pandora and apple maps for gps on my phone now.  

• Jerry

I have a 2018 Outback and use it daily. There is no charge, and I think it works great.

• Most people are annoyed with cars that have LOUD exhaust and LOUD SPL output. But some people like it if they enjoy the sound of LOUD low-end frequency and LOUD exhausted vehicles.

I have a 14.5k watt sound system inside my car with 4 15" subs on two Soundqubed Q1-4500.1 monoblock. They're all wired down to 1 ohm running on 18 volts.

It gets LOUD enough to fulfill a whole parking lot of grocery stores, electronics stores, and further distance away.

But I don't impress people with my system. They can still hear it but I don't turn it up more louder to impress or annoy them. If they like it and offer me to give them a hearing inside the car, I'll give it to them.

I have the new iPhone 11 Pro Max. My music source is from Amazon music. Most people run their music source from YouTube, Spotify, Apple music, and MP3's neither from an iPhone, iPad, or a laptop.

A club DJ runs his music source from Apple's music on a MacBook Pro which is an Apple's laptop.

Back in the past from the early 60's, we ran music on cassettes, and in the early 90's to about 2005, we started on CD's. Now, we're running music from what I mentioned above.

To answer your question, it doesn't really matter how you built and set up your car's sound system. What matter's is how it sounds and whether if you are pleased with it or not.

• ?

My car has CarPlay and I don't care for it. I've used it twice. If it were wireless, I would probably use it more. As I understand it, only some BMW models have wireless CarPlay.

• Kyle

just leave a cable pluged into the port and ready for yours to plug into your phone.  takes ten seconds.  then you can just leave your phone in the console tray and use the screen for your communication and other apps.