Theoretical perspectives help?

I have an assignment I am having trouble with. It is for my infant toddler class. It says consider and issue from the different theoretical perspectives for example, whether teachers should pick up 5 month olds who cry or 2 year old who want to be held.

I have to argue for my solution and provide and answer based on my theoretical perspective such as relationship-based, Transactional Theory or Biological system theory. I don't have a book.. this was a rush course type of class. If anyone can help it be greatly appreciated. I am having trouble understanding the theories. Thanks in Advance. 

• Laurie

I taught at a midwestern university for several years. It sounds like you are nowhere near ready to write.

The NUMBER ONE reason students - high school or college - have difficulty writing is that they try to write without first LEARNING about the topic.

As you have discovered, you can’t write about “theoretical perspectives” until AFTER you have studied them and decided what YOUR perspective IS... so that is where you need to begin, at least a full week before the assignment is due.

Not having the text is stupid, but is not an excuse. Find AT LEAST 3-5 academically-acceptable resources (LIBRARY) that offer information and/or opinions on the subject, and do AT LEAST 3 hours of research, taking notes as you go. Then, determine to which perspectives you most closely ascribe, and THEN determine what you believe is the right thing to do, based on that perspective. Support your opinions with your research notes.

Good luck.

• Rosi892 months agoReport

I am not trying to write without studying the topics. And a textbook was not required. Was looking for a point in the right direction in researching these theories. Thanks.