What is your review of Cats (2019 Movie)?

Favorite Answer

I feel like it lacks a lot of the charm of the 1998 movie, which I remember being a huge boon to the Cats musical fandom back in the 1990s and early 00s.

The CG effects on the actors are subject to individual tastes, and I personally can live with it. 

It's the personalities of the characters that are stark contrasts with the loosely-defined personalities of the movie/stage versions that bothers me the most. No version I've seen implied that Bombalurina (the Taylor Swift role), Mungojerrie, or Rumpleteazer would essentially drug others with catnip, for example.That, and the humor seems rather low-brow compared to the other versions, even considering that some of it is specific to English-speaking audiences (I'm a native Swede myself, so take that as you will).

• audrey

News Media say it was a total flop. Only made a few million. It's been pulled from some theaters and a new version is being released.

After watching a trailer I have no intention of seeing it, even later when it comes on tv.

Disappointing - not worth the price of the ticket.

Haven't seen  it.........but I hear critics are tearing it apart........making all the required  CAT-astrophe  jokes.  Word seems to be so  far, that it sucks. 

It wouldn't be as creepy without the fur and be pleasing too. Lets not ignore that Sphynxs, Peter Balds, and Donskoy are not represented at all. The Hairless Cats should protest for lead role representation.

You already know PETA will file a complaint