Snake bite on jungle in Philippines alone on mountain?

Im in a jungle crossing forested mountain with no cellphone signal, I'm in the Philippines, now I've been bitten by a cobra in the foot, I'm alone with no help possible, can i tourniquet from the legs then put a cut on below the tourniquet and another cut on the feet, i have a antibacterial cream ang first aid kit. Then release tourniquet every 15min. Could that work. Better than dying?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • kelvin
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

The Philippine cobra's habitat include low-lying plains and forested regions, along with open fields, grasslands, dense jungle, agricultural fields, and human settlements. This species of cobra is particularly fond of water, so it can be found very close to ponds, rivers, or large puddles of water and i call troll

• Login to reply the answers
  • TedEx
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

By the time you realize it, the venom is already flowing   through your body. You're  ducked!

• ...Show all comments
    • Edna
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

A tourniquet on your leg wouldn't do you any good (even if you had enough time to tie a tourniquet before you passed out); not if you were bitten by a cobra. The poisonous venom in a cobra's bite begins flowing through your body almost immediately after you're bitten.  

• Edna
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Don't insult our intelligence. If you were alone on a forested mountain in the Philippines with no cell phone signal, you would be unable to type and post this question.

A bite from a cobra is one the deadliest and fastest-acting snake bites you can ever get.  If a cobra bit you, you would be unconscious or dead before you could put on a tourniquet and make any cuts on your leg or on your foot. 

Antibacterial cream wouldn't do you any good. A cobra bite isn't bacterial in nature. A cobra's venom is poisonous  and it affects the central nervous system. You would experience convulsions, drowsiness, headache, blurring of vision, slurred speech, limb paralysis, loss of consciousness, nausea, vomiting, intense abdominal pain,  severe pain around the bite wound, and increased blood pressure; almost as soon as you were bitten. 

• ...Show all comments
    • Edna
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Mark, you didn't ask "what if" you were in that situation. You made the declarative statement: "I'm in a jungle crossing forested mountain with no cellphone signal, I'm in the Philippines, now I've been bitten by a cobra in the foot, I'm alone with no help possible". , 

• 2 months ago

Herbal Ayurvedic Cure Shown To Work Against Viper Bites

(Click link below) :-

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&so...

See the inspiring image below :-

Attachment image
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Tavy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

No internet access, so how are you on here?

• Carson
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Should this question begin with "What if...".

If not ....hard to believe..Why are you not using the marginal internet access to call medical personnel?

• 2 months ago

Since you have no cellphone signal, we are unable to answer you. 

• ...Show all comments
    • Jimmy C
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Well it is logical. I hope your bite is better now. Real answer is all that stuff it no help. Hospital with antivenom or nothing within an hour or so I think. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.