Anonymous
Anonymous asked in EnvironmentGreen Living · 2 months ago

Is burning your own pile of leaves and garbage the best to dispose of your waste?

This would keep landfills low and make people less lazy.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

I think that everybody should be required to burn their own burnable garbage and then take whatever is left and put it in the garbage can by the road. And they could use the ashes as fertilizer on their lawns.

• Diana
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

What you're suggesting may not be legal.  The fumes would also be hard on your neighbors who have allergies.  

• Login to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

This is a dreadful idea. Why? Because, there would be devistating fires, loss of life and property. Never mind the smoke and toxic fumes and smells of dangerous things burning. Better to compost what you can, recycle what you can, and throw away the rest in a landfill.

• 2 months ago

Leaves if bagged and stored make a first class fertiliser. Garbage can of course be got rid of by fire, but make sure that the smoke does not drift and annoy the neighbours.

• Sparky
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

People would burn too many toxic products that would be unhealthy to inhale and also bad for the environment.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

No.  Particulate air pollution -- no thanks.

• 2 months ago

Many people create compositing sites on their property to put leaves, grass clippings and even food wastes and biodegradable paper products in to make more dirt for their flower beds and gardens I think that method is far more environmentally friendly than burning it.

• 2 months ago

A billion people burning leaves and garbage - that would be great for CO2 emissions.

• Brian
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Yes, I could imagine that this would be an ideal solution for apartment dwellers.

• 2 months ago

No. You risk setting your yard on fire. Just look at how many fires have been started because of a campfire. 

You also risk breathing in toxic chemicals or releasing toxic chemicals into the air. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I would cause more pollution and possibly toxic gas.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.