Confused about email?

I recently applied for an m&a internship at a boutique investment bank in london. They wrote back to tell me that they dont have any oaid internships but would be please to consider me for an unpaid internship for either March or June 2020. They then asked me to confirm my availability.

Does that mean they are offering me an unpaid internship? 

Favorite Answer

No, it means that they are asking you to confirm whether you are available for one. They want to be sure that you will be available before they offer you anything.

They are not offering you a position at this timeNo. They’re asking if you would like to be considered for an unpaid internship. This means that they would look over your resume and other people’s resumes and then decide if they want you. They are not offering you a position at this time

Yes - they're asking you to work for free for a month.

• Judy

NO. "Consider you" does not mean it's an offer.

They are asking if you are available for an unpaid internship for either March or June 2020. That gives you plenty of time to brush up on your English.

• Maxi

They offer volunteer work experience but not paid work expereince........and want you to confirm if you would be interested in volunteer work expereince Mar/June 2020, so if you are a British  or Irish citizen and  you might still be interested in voluntary work experience then contact them back............. if you are not British/Irish then you would require a work visa which they would have to sponsor ( and they will be denied as  there are plenty of British/Irish who could do work experience voluntary or paid)

I think so sounds like they interested

It means they'd be pleased to CONSIDER YOU for an unpaid internship, just like they said.