Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationRail · 2 months ago

Is being hit by a train a painful death?

Is being hit by a train a painful death? Would you feel anything or would it be instant?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

I didn't feel a thing.

• 2 months ago

If you go under the wheels  it will be a very quick death.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

From the time of being hit until the time you die, probably because your body would be crushed.  But it could be quick, I guess.

• TedEx
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

If the train is traveling fast, it would be like a bug vs a windshield.. SPLAT!!!!!!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Is being hit by a train a painful death?

It can be a life long pain to the driver of the train and witnesses to the incident.

It can be very painful you might live for months in some damaged state in a local hospital.

You might die in a few minutes or seconds. Is it painful? After you are dead you do not feel pain just the people that need to deal with the clean up and disposal of your remains.

• 2 months ago

Like a living person would know.

• Ron
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

If you're going to off yourself at least "man up" and do it as hard as possible, especially if you're going to ruin someone else's life

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Why don't you try it and let us know how it worked out for you.

• 2 months ago

It depends on how you're hit. If it's a fast moving train and you stand right in front of it, it would probably be instant and painful for a few seconds maximum. In the early 1900s in my small town, a child was walking to school but a train was stopped on the tracks and he couldn't cross. He decided to crawl underneath the train, but it started moving when he was still under. He didn't make it out in time, and the train wheels cut off his legs. He eventually bled to death and was found dead on the tracks, legless. That would be an excruciatingly painful train related death. If you're hit in the right spot, it'll be instant. If not, like the child I described, it would be extremely painful.

• 2 months ago

If I'm dead, how would I feel pain

• Anon
      Lv 6
      2 months agoReport

Anyone who was even Instantly killed by train would still be alive for an instant. Nerve impulses  move  one foot in 3 milliseconds,  so if chest crushed in that 3 msec,  pain felt for at  least that long. A 60 MPH train moves 88 fps, so if chest crushed  one foot, still alive 11 msec.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.