Aron asked in SportsAuto RacingFormula One · 2 months ago

What is the appeal of nascar?

Is it the anticaption of crashed, the performance of the cars or something else As a person ignorant to the sport is seems like its simply driving in a big circle while motorsports such as F1 and rally driving showcase driving talent at its highest level

• 2 days ago

they sound better and still require an immense amount of skill. lots of overtaking.

2 days ago

I'm still kind of learning it too, but its kind of interesting as you watch it more with the strategy of trailing others, saving fuel and tires, and pit stops and the final part jockeying for position to try to win it.

• Bill

My wife had no use for auto racing until she went to a 500 mile NASCAR race in Atlanta.  When they go by at 190+ MPH with V8 engines screaming, it's awesome.  Personally, I prefer no wrecks and no cautions.  The best team wins.  

• funnel2 days agoReport

Good answer except...really? You prefer no wrecks? I've heard that sht all my life enough to know that one of the biggest attractions are crashes and anybody that says different is lying to be all pc. I don't want any injuries but a good crash? Puts azs in the seats. Cautions =,more interesting.

nascar dates back to the art of hillbillys running moonshine

For me, driving round in endless circles is totally uninteresting, so perhaps I might want to see something like a few crashes to stop me nodding off.   Not that I don't with F1 of late!!!

It does as much for me, as watching American flat-racing which is the same.  Flat track in an oval.  The horse has to go flat out from pillar to post.   Where's the art of the jockey in that.

i would ask nascar this question

• Aron2 months agoReport

nascar isnt the name of the sport not a person