Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesChrysler · 2 months ago

Why do Chrysler 300’s break down so much?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

The LH platform vehicles were fairly solid and reliable in my experience.  I had a 1993 Eagle Vision* and a 1996 Dodge Intrepid, both with the 3.3 liter cast iron block OHV V-6 engine.  I think I had to change the water pump in one and the alternator in the other, but then that is to be expected for an older used car.  The LH platform included the Chrysler 300M, LHS, New Yorker, Eagle vision, and Dodge Intrepid.  I should note that the 3.5 liter aluminum block OHC engine at the time was not that reliable, but that is basically the same engine in my 2010 Doge challenger.

*The Eagle Vision was a re-badged Doge Intrepid from the time when MOPAR acquired the AMC assets (including specifically Jeep) from Renault to meet contractual obligations.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

Maybe the corporation has decided there's more profit in selling replacement parts than decent cars.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

The 2.7 L V6 had issues with timing chains. Not so much the 3.3/3.8's  with a belt. 

• 2 months ago

Cuz it's an old car. Old car must to be so

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Mark
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Because they aren't made very well.

• Trump 2020
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Like ALL Chrysler products.

• 2 months ago

The whole Dodge Chrysler brand has had reliability issues for decades. The merger with Fiat only made things worse. NOW there's a merger afoot with Puegoet SA (I may have the spelling wrong). You'll be lucky if they even start in the future. 10,000 parts all made by the lowest bidder. Good luck!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.