Why would you donate to UNICEF when you can donate to a local church?

There's people from UNICEF everyday in the entrance of the building I work at. They are very pushy, sometimes they purposely stand in my way as I try to get in the building.

They always try to convince me to give them money. Sometimes they try to make feel guilty for not helping the children.

When they get really pushy, I tell them  I give money to my church to help kids with no parents.

I've actually seen with own eyes the kids that get help from the church I give money. I would never see what actually happens to the money if I were to donate to UNICEF.

Why give money to some shady international charity such as UNICEF when you can give money to a local church?

Favorite Answer

I do not understand how anyone will donate for organizations who use only about 10 percent by low to actually help anyone in a different country. 

Those people who do should just pack up and move and change their citizenship..

IF I donate it is to HELP AMERICANS ONLY.. I will not donate to help ILLEGALS OR OTHERS IN DIFFERENT COUNTRIES BEFORE MY OWN PEOPLE OF THE UNITED STATES. 

THAT'S RIGHT.. I LOVE AMERICA AND AMERICANS FIRST OVER ANYONE ELSE..

HOW about you people telling them about BIRTH CONTROL instead of ABORTIONS...

• Darcie

Hello 👋,

Regardless of whether you see it or not, if it helps it helps, no matter where in the world it may help. Helping the causes, helping sentient beings and the environment is what matters when it comes to donating to charity, not where they are or whether you see it or not.

The children of third world countries and poor, needy, abused and neglected children in developed countries, both in your local area/country and in other places, desperately need help. They need proper, good, nutritious food, good, clean, safe, cool water, medical treatment and vaccinations, suitable, comfy and warm beds, education, a roof above their heads, to be clothed, to be treated well and looked after properly and to be loved as much as possible. They would also appreciate toys and books.

Why not donate to both UNICEF and your local church and other charities, if you can?

Next time UNICEF ask for a donation from you, please donate. Please also encourage as many other people as you can to donate. It could save lives and benefit children.

Thank you 😊.

Best Wishes to all,

Rory.

Have the best day and night ever!

Source(s): ME:)

Some children from impoverished areas are in need of humanitarian assistance ,Unicef is designed to help those children affected by natural disaster and make those children live a normal life ,such as plague ,drought ,so it's incumbent on the international community to take actions to address humanitarian crisis ,

• Darcie

All sentient beings, regardless of nation, should be entitled to kindness, love and compassion. Saying it’s not our country, it’s not our problem is not kind. It’s still our world. A sentient being is a sentient being, regardless of where they’re from...

Because Christian churches are hate groups, and man y of us don't believe in funding hate and violence.

• Swimmer2 months agoReport

You are full of hate and intolerance

Yeah....UN.....they wouldn't have a shot with me and I'd actively tell everyone else to stay away.

• Darcie

Why would you stay away and encourage others to stay away from helping others just because they’re in other countries?

• Robert

Go to the manager of the building and demand that they take steps to keep the beggars from harassing employed who need unimpeded access to the building. Tell your boss that it is a problem. Get others who are annoyed by it to also make their feelings known. If the beggars block the entrance of the building call the police. Many of these organizations are becoming aggressive and need to be stopped. Many stores are evening requiring the Salvation Army bell ringers to stand 15 feet away from the entrance.

• Robert

On public property, but not in a private business or blocking the entryway to the business.  Hard working people have a right to get where they are going without being verbally molested by a beggars.  

• Lisa A

Donating to a church only makes a pastor rich.I don't give to UNICEF either. I give to local animal shelters.

• Darcie

Donating to animal charities is an excellent, commendable and important thing (I am an animal rights person), but why not donate to help people as well?