I don’t know when I should come out?

I’m gay and closeted and I was thinking about coming out soon, I don’t know when though, I was thinking maybe the start of my Sophomore year.

Favorite Answer

Depends on your family and how tolerant your school is. If your folks are bigoted and would kick you out or send you to conversion therapy - please wait till you are on your own and paying your own bills. If the high school you attend is close minded - maybe wait till college.

But if your folks are open minded and tolerant, if your high school is accepting - if it has an active gay straight alliance - then its probably ok. 

Don’t be in a rush to be out. 

Be in gay youth groups through your school, and local gay community centers or through the monitored online one called trevorspace. Don’t have the only way you meet other lgbt be through hook up apps. 

Just make sure that you’re ready for whatever reaction comes your way! Start slowly by asking them what they think of -insert country here- legalizing gay rights, or -insert place here- having a pride parade, etc. you’ll never know try :) once you know how they feel you can try asking things like “what do you think of this person being kicked out for being gay?” I know it sounds intense but it’s good to have a grasp on how they feel instead of blindsiding them. Dropping hints might make it easier as well. There are lots of resources online that’ll give you some ideas of hints to drop :) best of luck! Remember you are loved <3

You should ONLY come out when and if you're ready. Or don't come out at all, I mean straights don't

• reme_1

You need to call the gay center and talk to the counselor. Get to know some people there. Make friends.

It is most important that you get strong inside so you can deal with the B S from other people.

Regarding your parents, contact PFLAG. Org- a wonderful support group made up mostly of patents with LGBT kids. They reach out to other parents.

• Rob

Really just depends on how comfortable you are, if you're anticipating any social backlash etc. If you're confident friends and family will embrace you then it's definitely better to get it out of the way sooner than later.

• Khal4 months agoReport

Thank you

You should not trust Autistic Mass-shooters like Nerdy Keith.

Especially since it is so stupid it writes "AS Spectrum" Which means "Autistic Spectrum Spectrum." Mass shooter material right here, definitely a Trumptard too.

You need to consider a few things. Are your parents, friends and other family members progressive to support you? 

If they are well then I think you should go for it and live your truth. I wish you luck. Hope you have much happiness in your life.