How to handle toxic roommate?

I am currently in a terrible toxic situation with a roommate/friend. I first moved in with this friend over a year ago and she seemed great. Since then I have noticed that she is mentally unstable. She has quit almost 15 jobs in the past year and is currently unemployed(yes, 15). She becomes irate over almost everything in our apartment and has reacted to a perceived situations such as someone putting their raspberries on her shelf by accident,  by slamming doors so hard that the house shakes. She claims this is “ok because I used to do it and dcf said it wasn’t violent and was ok.” She shops five days a week and spends her weekends returning all of the items, including loading and unloading thousands of dollars worth of heavy furniture from ikea).  If I do not help her lift and assemble the furniture she buys and returns each week, she will scream in my face, imitate me, etc. She has also started college and asked for my help with her classes, only to demand that I take her classes for her, write her essays etc. 

She will commonly instigate arguments by making comments to me about my physical appearance  or personality, and then during said arguments has thrown water, hit me in the face, etc. she has gone into my phone and read messages and is continuing to find ways to get into my phone to do this. I am so emotionally drained and tired of this living situation and feel that I have no way to escape this. Any advice? 

• Foofa

If you moved in over a year ago your lease has probably expired by now and if you haven't signed a new one you're likely month to month at this point. This means you're free to give this roommate 30 days notice and move out.

Move. Now. She'll find a new roommate.

Borderline personality disorder.  If you are only a roommate, call her relatives, or ex.  You need to move.  Rent a storage place so that you can get your stuff out of there, get a pick up truck.  Get your stuff sort of packed so you can grab it and go.   Then, if she is out for a few hours, move your stuff out.  Once you are out, you can settle up any bills, etc. Rent a motel room while you find another place on the other side of town, or the next town over.  You can always move a couple of times so she can't find where you are. 

Moooooovvvve OOOuuuuut!!!!!!